What New To You Ingredients Did You Recently Obtain?

20201031_184609.jpg
White truffle. Normally I get black because it's fairly affordable. This went in and on a mushroom tagliatelle. It was for a special occasion.

Well, my most recent addition (that I have since tried) to my pantry was cricket flour. It was pretty good, cooked into savory muffins. I think it is the only new thing for 2021, to date.

I happened upon Guanciale about three weeks ago. Have never eaten it, but am planning to make an authentic pasta a la carbonara with it in the very near future.

I hope it's in the freezer. It does go off even though it's cured, as does pancetta. Learned that the hard way.

Yes it is. It came in two chunks, so I froze the chunks separately. I was concerned as the package said it was good until Julyr 21. But. At any rate, thanks for a good thing to be aware of!

Last edited:
I guess I could include the mortadella I just bought. I've had mortadella many times, just never bought any to use at home because I have to get it from a specialty shop here.

I guess I could include the mortadella I just bought. I've had mortadella many times, just never bought any to use at home because I have to get it from a specialty shop here.

Time for a Muffaletta! One of the Italian contributions to Nola cuisine! Make up some homemade giardiniera and a fresh round Italian loaf and you're all set. Or you could always hit Central Grocery in Nola and pic one up.

Back
Top Bottom