What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard choice...

We obtained this produce from a mate's allotment today. Tomatoes, carrots, radishes, coriander, parsley, basil and some other green stuff.

I shall be using the larger of the tomatoes to make pizza tomato sauce base but the smaller ones I'll use for kebabs (if morning glory decides upon kebabs as the dish of the month).

Obtained these yesterday. First time I've had Heinz soup for 25 years. I don't know how much they are in UK now but these 400 gm cans were the equivalent of £1.65 each.

[Edit: I've just now noticed that the oxtail soup has 99p on the can]

Last edited:
We obtained this produce from a mate's allotment today. Tomatoes, carrots, radishes, coriander, parsley, basil and some other green stuff.

View attachment 38171

It's great knowing you can just go outside and pick your own crops. I've just picked two cherry ripe cherry tomatoes, bit of salt, taste beautiful, picked strawberries and a capsicum as well.

Russ

I note various plasters :ohmy: (not sure if you call them that in the US). But what is the Lodge thing? I know Lodge is a make of cast iron pans.
Plasters here are usually called band-aids (which is technically a brand name) or generically as adhesive bandages.

Those Lodge thingies are pan scrapers. One is actually a grill scraper, but they're hardened plastic, so they're good on any nonstick surface.

Picked up three chicken kievs and cooked for dinner last night. Mr7 had a piece of schnitzel. Salad and new potatoes from garden. 10/10. Still morning here so heading out later to pick something up.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom