What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where I got the idea that this was bamboo containing sticky rice. It's actually sugar cane.

Sticky rice bamboo s.jpg

Last edited:
Bit thin for stuffing with rice!
Over in Caracas they´ve got these machines in the street, a bit like old mangles, and they crush the juice out of them. Squeeze of lime, ready to drink.

2EC85937-C1C4-475C-BF89-0393BDBBC155.jpeg
A2740518-89C1-4958-9B05-C3D41D39EB53.jpeg
723C706B-D6F1-4276-BDAE-2B5683355588.jpeg

I swear, all you have to do is look at a pear sideways and it’ll break the skin! :mad:

I went over both of those in the store and made sure I got unblemished ones, set them off to the side in my cart, bagged them separately, nestled them carefully in the car, unpacked them at home…and there’s a 🤬 mark on one, so it’ll have to be eaten today.

My wife went shopping yesterday - not a good idea. There were queues to access the car parks at both Big 'C' and Makro but Lotus's was quieter. She bought these which I've not had before. Light and crumbly with not a hint of sugar.
I had 3 packs last evening (6 biscuits) with Virginia ham and Cheddar cheese (and a beer of course).

Today, my wife went to Big 'C' and the shopping list included more cream crackers. She found these and assumed that they were the same but in different coloured wrappings. Whether she was not wearing her glasses or just couldn't be bothered to read the labels I know not but they are not the same. They are covered in sugar!

Red s.jpg

Today, my wife went to Big 'C' and the shopping list included more cream crackers. She found these and assumed that they were the same but in different coloured wrappings. Whether she was not wearing her glasses or just couldn't be bothered to read the labels I know not but they are not the same. They are covered in sugar!

Eek! What will you do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom