What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

View attachment 112157
Got this is the mail today!! :hyper:
This is a limited edition can dedicated to us folks from/in Hawaii ... the story behind this is pretty cool ... spam.com/kamea
Can you resist opening them...thinking it should sit on a shelf for another 20 years. Or until Armageddon No no I meant they look like collection items!

I did a haul from Walmart and Dollar Tree
View attachment 112421
View attachment 112429
View attachment 112422
View attachment 112423View attachment 112424View attachment 112425
As I looked at these photos, I realized that DH is not going to want to eat those Real Good Foods Co stuffed Chickens ... they have Artichokes in them, but then maybe if I don't say anything, he may not figure that out 😊
DH opened the Tastykakes today and said that they are stall :meh: AND half the size that we're use to dang it all!
The Biscoff cookies are a trial to see if I could use them for my Cannoli Ice Cream Cake "crust" - YUP!
The ground Cinnamon is on the FDA recall list 💩
If you can find these Lemon Dipped Cookies at your local Wally-World, try them!!
Dh is to eat as much "green" as he can handle ...
And then Dollar Tree dups for $1.25, great deals.
It's only certain lot/date codes for the cinnamon. I worked that recall. Check online, your stuff likely is fine. Most stores take that pretty seriously.

Back from the UK, and this time, I made it very clear to Mrs KKA that my stuff came first, and her multiple quantities of clothes, coats, jackets, sweaters, blouses, shoes, etc. came second. :D :D Even so, there were 3 or 4 shirts that are 20 odd years old, but since they're
Ralph Lauren, or Boss, or Ermenegilda wotsisname, they got dumped in the suitcase.And there's me trying to downsize:cool:.
So first of all, cheese. From left to right: Colston Bassett Stilton, Red Leicester, Somerset Goat's cheese, raw milk Camembert, 36 month aged Cheddar and P{ont LÉvecque, which smells like the inside of Bobby Charlton's football boots and tastes of hsupereaven.
Then there were a few uniquely British delights: horseradish sauce, loose leaf tea from Sainsbugs, and marmite, plus two bottles of single malt scotch - the Talisker is slightly smoky and the Singleton is from Speyside.
Finally, a top up for my Indian cuisine: extra hot chile powder, Indian bay leaves (they're actually leaves from the cinnamon tree), coriander seeds, green peppercorns (not Indian, but I bought them anyway), black cardamom seeds, saffron and "gold dust".
* An interesting note . When I bought the scotch and left the supermarket, the alarm sounded, so I stopped dead in my tracks, turned round to the Security Guard and said: "Oi!! The alarm sounded!"
"No problem sir, just carry on".
Then I went into Sainsbugs and bought another bottle, and as I went out, the alarm sounded yet again. Stopped, waved on, went home. When I took the bottle out of its box today, it's still got the magnetic anti-theft tag on it. :hyper::hyper::hyper:
"I paid for it, guvner, honest, got the receipt, mate!!":hyper::hyper::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Cheese.jpg
Scotch etc.jpg
spices.jpg

Back from the UK, and this time, I made it very clear to Mrs KKA that my stuff came first, and her multiple quantities of clothes, coats, jackets, sweaters, blouses, shoes, etc. came second. :D :D Even so, there were 3 or 4 shirts that are 20 odd years old, but since they're
Ralph Lauren, or Boss, or Ermenegilda wotsisname, they got dumped in the suitcase.And there's me trying to downsize:cool:.
So first of all, cheese. From left to right: Colston Bassett Stilton, Red Leicester, Somerset Goat's cheese, raw milk Camembert, 36 month aged Cheddar and P{ont LÉvecque, which smells like the inside of Bobby Charlton's football boots and tastes of hsupereaven.
Then there were a few uniquely British delights: horseradish sauce, loose leaf tea from Sainsbugs, and marmite, plus two bottles of single malt scotch - the Talisker is slightly smoky and the Singleton is from Speyside.
Finally, a top up for my Indian cuisine: extra hot chile powder, Indian bay leaves (they're actually leaves from the cinnamon tree), coriander seeds, green peppercorns (not Indian, but I bought them anyway), black cardamom seeds, saffron and "gold dust".
* An interesting note . When I bought the scotch and left the supermarket, the alarm sounded, so I stopped dead in my tracks, turned round to the Security Guard and said: "Oi!! The alarm sounded!"
"No problem sir, just carry on".
Then I went into Sainsbugs and bought another bottle, and as I went out, the alarm sounded yet again. Stopped, waved on, went home. When I took the bottle out of its box today, it's still got the magnetic anti-theft tag on it. :hyper::hyper::hyper:
"I paid for it, guvner, honest, got the receipt, mate!!":hyper::hyper::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
View attachment 112462View attachment 112463View attachment 112464

An excellent selection of goodies. What do you use the 'gold dust' for?

...and those are proper Indian bay leaves which are quite different from what we recognise as bay leaves in the Western world. I use them in loads of things - not only Indian dishes,

Back from the UK, and this time, I made it very clear to Mrs KKA that my stuff came first, and her multiple quantities of clothes, coats, jackets, sweaters, blouses, shoes, etc. came second.
Very nice haul. That booze, if in checked bags, would have never made it home for us. Thirsty TSA agents make quick work of that. We had a bottle of Bushmills disappear like that.

JAS_OH1 I did look up that code and SOB, that package was on the recall list - tops on the list - in the trash it went!!! I put my Spice Jar and its lid in the dishwasher.
I was going to take it back and ask for a manager to tell them, braddah/sistah, you gotta pull these!!! But why? It was 98¢ and they won't give two 💩's if it doesn't come from the head office!! Not worth my time, breath and gas money.

JAS_OH1 I did look up that code and SOB, that package was on the recall list - tops on the list - in the trash it went!!! I put my Spice Jar and its lid in the dishwasher.
I was going to take it back and ask for a manager to tell them, braddah/sistah, you gotta pull these!!! But why? It was 98¢ and they won't give two 💩's if it doesn't come from the head office!! Not worth my time, breath and gas money.
Call them and tell them, lead poisoning is nothing to mess with and kids love cinnamon. Be a shame for that to harm an innocent child. Shame on them for not handling it properly.

JAS_OH1 I have been searching for a way to email Walmart Corp offices to tell them about this, I just don't trust these yahoos in Cowboyville Arizona. No luck. And I don't want to call or even go into the store, waste of time, better to have communications with Corp in writing to track.

Back
Top Bottom