What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get them sent to the UK? That is a good price!
Sorry. I checked my email invoice: the price wasn't under 10€, it was €12,98/50 g - and according to the website, they only deliver to Finland. The same brand is sold for €17,80/50 g here. The delivery costs to UK (4,90€ in Finland) would exceed the difference anyway.

Pre-Thanksgiving shopping:

Water
Beer (Shiner Cheer & Sam Adams Winter Lager)
Asti
Mixed nuts
Sweet pickles
Olives (two kinds)
Canned corn
Potato Chips/Crisps
Pecan halves
Sour cream
Butter
Half-and-Half
Cream Cheese
Heavy cream
Dip (French onion and spinach-artichoke)
American cheese
Milk
Frozen pizza (that was lunch)
Bananas
Grapes
Celery
Cauliflower
Bell peppers
Potatoes
Green onions
Fresh cranberries
Oranges
Shallots
Lemons
Bread
Jarlsberg cheese
Ham lunchmeat
Salami

Their self-scan app was down yesterday, so I had to actually go through a line and have a cashier ring my stuff up. Oh, the horror!

What I bought today:

• 2 turkey thighs. For Thursday's home alone T-Day dinner. (They come in packs of two although I will eat just one.)
  • 1 bottle Cointreau. For Thursday's home alone T-Day dinner. (Again, I'm not using the whole bottle.)
  • i loaf Farmer's Wheat Bread - portions for the Saturday with Friend T-Day dinner. (Stuffing/dressing)
  • 1 green bell pepper - all for the Saturday with Friend T-Day dinner. (Stuffing/dressing)
  • Marie's Creamery unsalted butter - part for the Saturday with Friend T-Day dinner. (Turkey proper)
  • Fresh packaged herb blends for turkey - part for the Saturday with Friend T-Day dinner. (Turkey proper, dressing)
  • Jimmy Dean pork sausage, sage flavored - most or all for the Saturday with Friend T-Day dinner. (Dressing)
  • Large roasting pan, disposable. - part for the Saturday with Friend T-Day dinner. (Turkey proper)
  • 1 pint milk - part for tonight's chicken and dumpling dinner.
  • 1 bottle gin - a splurge, but may be used for a pomegranate liqueur for Saturday.
  • 1 bottle Pinot Grigio - a wine choice for the Saturday with Friend T-Day dinner. I have a couple others my friend can choose from.
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Paper towels
What I obtained today (so far, it is only mid-day):

• 1 quail egg. I expect at least one more, and I expect one or two chicken eggs soon.

Pre-Thanksgiving shopping:

Water
Beer (Shiner Cheer & Sam Adams Winter Lager)
Asti
Mixed nuts
Sweet pickles
Olives (two kinds)
Canned corn
Potato Chips/Crisps
Pecan halves
Sour cream
Butter
Half-and-Half
Cream Cheese
Heavy cream
Dip (French onion and spinach-artichoke)
American cheese
Milk
Frozen pizza (that was lunch)
Bananas
Grapes
Celery
Cauliflower
Bell peppers
Potatoes
Green onions
Fresh cranberries
Oranges
Shallots
Lemons
Bread
Jarlsberg cheese
Ham lunchmeat
Salami

Their self-scan app was down yesterday, so I had to actually go through a line and have a cashier ring my stuff up. Oh, the horror!

I bought pecan halves and almonds today. I need to make some glazed nuts for my dad. Pecans are crazy expensive. If I still lived in Port Arthur, I could just go for a walk and gather them up for free.

CD

Sorry. I checked my email invoice: the price wasn't under 10€, it was €12,98/50 g - and according to the website, they only deliver to Finland. The same brand is sold for €17,80/50 g here. The delivery costs to UK (4,90€ in Finland) would exceed the difference anyway.

Thanks for this. OK - I was thinking they were fresh truffles. I can get similar here. In fact I may have some in my store cupboard.

Thanks for this. OK - I was thinking they were fresh truffles. I can get similar here. In fact I may have some in my store cupboard.
There are five types of truffles in Finland. Most of them thrive in oak forests in southwestern Finland but some - like the ones in my home town - grow in mixed wood forests. The only shop specializing in Finnish wild truffles is located here in Lahti. Our truffles are mostly searched with dogs of Lagotto romagnolo breed. Finnish truffles are very expensive - that's why I order foreign canned ones.

try.jpg

Finnish truffles

Not quite What I bought today but what was delivered today and bought Tuesday this week.

Our Christmas chocolates have arrived.
We needed to cover 1 chocolate each per day for 24 days (Advent Calendar) and then Christmas Chocolates, 24th Wedding Anniversary and finally birthday chocolates. (and all before the New Year!)

They are all vegan but you would never know. The owner is a belgian chocolatier now in Tasmania. I found their chocolate by accident last Christmas and loved them. they out did everything you could buy locally and bring back wonderful memories of a visit to Brugges many years ago when on a week long school trip to the Flanders WWI area. We had a 1/2 day to ourselves wandering around and into tiny chocolate shops packed full of handmade chocolates.

Each chocolate has been individually wrapped to protect it in the postal system.

IMG_20201129_120711_1.jpg

Weekly shopping. Going to the supermarket is now a stressful experience, our government renewed the 1PM curfew on weekends so all working people go to the supermarket on saturday and sunday morning. And of course organizing the groceries is still a hassle. Never in my life did I imagine I'd be sanitizing cans of tuna but here I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom