What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd leave them on the plant. Yorky buys his coriander ready cut hence his need to preserve it.

My need to preserve it is not due to shortage of supplies. The problem is that it's so available and so cheap here that buying just a few stalks is hardly possible. It is always sold in big bunches and I hate throwing food away.

I'll try to get some of this stuff while I'm out today, but I know that most will have to wait til after the 1st of May.

Amaretto (if I can find it)
Annato Seeds
Bananas
Bread, Wheat
Bread Rolls, Sour Dough
Celery
Cheese, Cheddar, Extra Sharp
Cheese Feta
Cheese, Shredded Fiesta Blend
Cheese, Swiss
Cherries, Maraschino
Chicken Patties, Breaded
Clams, shelled, cherrystone
Crab Legs, King
Garlic
Honeydew Melon
Ice Cream, Vanilla Swiss Almond
Juice, Various
Lamb, Stewing
Mussels, New Zealand Green Lipped (if I can find them)
Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
Orange Juice
Oranges
Papaya
Pasta, Penne
Persimmons (if I can find them)
Pork, Stewing
Potatoes, Red
Potatoes, Russet
Sausages, Andouille
Shrimp, Butterfly, Breaded
Strawberries
Sour Cream
Whipping Cream, Heavy
Yogurt, Vanilla

Does it say where the mussels are from? Havelock at top,of South Island has a massive operation there. We used to holiday in the sounds and fish from the mussel barges.

Russ

Does it say where the mussels are from? Havelock at top,of South Island has a massive operation there. We used to holiday in the sounds and fish from the mussel barges.

Russ

Mussels are everywhere. No need to import them from the other side of the world. I would imagine his would be fairly local to him.

CD

My need to preserve it is not due to shortage of supplies. The problem is that it's so available and so cheap here that buying just a few stalks is hardly possible. It is always sold in big bunches and I hate throwing food away.

It's not cheap here..I don't use it every day so I never finish a bunch. I love having it for some dishes but I don't like throwing stuff out so I rarely buy it...I would if it was cheaper..It's about 1.30 Canadian which is about 33 Baht..

My brother sent me this:
View attachment 62247

you are a lucky dog, but WAIT, I thought you didn't like mushrooms? ETA, TR and I were posting at same time so didn't see his reply until after.

.... fresh morel mushrooms fetch an enormous price here. 250g (8 ounces) costs £30 ($41)! This is serious gourmet food:
They aren't cheap here either. Especially if you have to add overnight shipping like we do since they don't grow anywhere near us and are so perishable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom