What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those massively stuffed pork chops caught my eye. How on earth is one supposed to cook them?
More stuffed pork chops, and MrsT bought a jar of creamed honey, even though we have a tub at home, and a pumpkin whoppie pie. Dried apples mainly for me:

2 whole chooks for tomorrow nights dinner. I’m not sure what exactly I’ll do with them yet.

Also some fancy plum & clementines gin as I thought it might be nice in Negroni spritz. I’ve just made up a bit more than a litre for the rest of the weekend in a bottle of sparkling water I had a glass of earlier.

I bought red wine too. Glad of that as I ended up having cheese for dinner.

Salami from our local salami man - a spicy one. When we move house in a few weeks I’ll bribe the helpers with food & beer etc.

Licorice - soft thick straps. That’s for later.

Probably other things. I’ve been to a farmers market today (as a stall holder) and a couple of shopping centres.

I got lucky on my grocery trip this morning and found some fuyu persimmons and a good pomegranate.

full.jpg

Fuyu persimmons are different from the red ones. They are orange in color and very meaty.

full.jpg

It's been a while since I've had a pomegranate. Oh boy, what fun!

I wasn't so lucky on my mushroom hunt at the grocery store this morning. I would have liked to have found some oyster mushrooms and some porcinis.

But I did find these ...

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom