What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to luck at the grocery store, I finally found real toffee ice cream.

Last time, I had to make my own by buying vanilla ice cream and heath toffee bars separately and then, mixed them.

Actually, you have a dairy dessert. It's not true ice cream. The companies got cheap. I noticed that some of their products still had ice cream on them and some had dairy dessert so i did some googling.

I wanted the vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet popsicles a while back. All i could find was low fat vanilla or dairy dessert or frozen yogurt. I wanted what i remembered as a kid and i didn't think any of those would deliver so ended up not getting anything.

Went to the Persian market yesterday.

For the mushroom challenge.

Good luck finding it. I knew the Persian market had it because i had seen it there the last time i went. None of the regular grocery stores around here carry it.

I haven't been to the Persian market in Dallas in years. I used to go there with my Persian next-door neighbor, who sadly was taken by cancer. I loved the breads. I need to go back. It's only a 30 minute drive.

CD

What are you selling?

I rep for a small artisan cheese company named “The Second Mouse Cheese Company”.

I sell

Camembert
Double cream Brie
Feta
Haloumi
Henri - Emmental style
Freida - washed rind
Quark
Fluer D’ Orange - a fresh cheese, very creamy, only produced in Spring.
Roobie Blue - a blue that has as much cream as a double cream brie.

Actually, you have a dairy dessert. It's not true ice cream. The companies got cheap. I noticed that some of their products still had ice cream on them and some had dairy dessert so i did some googling.

I wanted the vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet popsicles a while back. All i could find was low fat vanilla or dairy dessert or frozen yogurt. I wanted what i remembered as a kid and i didn't think any of those would deliver so ended up not getting anything.

I checked it out. It's vegetable oil and not milk fat. Worse, it's the types of oil that are considered less healthy. Maybe, it's better to make my own from vanilla ice cream and actual Heath toffee bars.

:mad:

Last edited:
I rep for a small artisan cheese company named “The Second Mouse Cheese Company”.

I sell

Camembert
Double cream Brie
Feta
Haloumi
Henri - Emmental style
Freida - washed rind
Quark
Fluer D’ Orange - a fresh cheese, very creamy, only produced in Spring.
Roobie Blue - a blue that has as much cream as a double cream brie.

View attachment 73744
I sell cheese..we carry stuff from many different countries and many small Laiterie cheeses from the provice of Quebec....

I checked it out. It's vegetable oil and not milk fat. Worse, it's the types of oil that are considered less healthy. Maybe, it's better to make my own from vanilla ice cream and actual Heath toffee bars.

:mad:
Why don't you try to make your own ice cream? It's not that hard actually and there are tons of recipes already, maybe one that is like heath toffee bar.

Why don't you try to make your own ice cream? It's not that hard actually and there are tons of recipes already, maybe one that is like heath toffee bar.

I already made my own toffee ice cream, by mixing vanilla ice cream with actual chopped up Heath bars. That was a few weeks ago.

Went to the Persian market yesterday.

View attachment 73735

For the mushroom challenge.

Ah! Now that is a good ingredient and one that would be difficult to make from scratch. A very 'chefy' thing. They used to sell it in the on-line supermarket I use but not recently. Somewhere I have photos of something I made using it...

Edit: Found it (deep fried egg). Runny yolk pic of this somewhere...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom