What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted some soft tacos and saw these white corn soft tacos which were described on the package as "super soft."

View attachment 73996

You get about 30 of them in a package.

View attachment 73997

The problem is that they may be soft, but they are also very fragile and crumbly. I wasn't able to use them as tacos or as wraps. They broke apart, even after heating them.

That's not a loss. I can still use them by toasting them or using them in soups or perhaps, dressing for T Day.

Yes, those are extremely fragile. The only way to get soft, yet usable corn tortillas is to buy them freshly made, and use them the same day. That's easy in Texas.

CD

I got may chile de arbol peppers today, a whole lot of them.

full.jpg

I'm set to make some Mexican chile oil macha salsa.

A boneless leg of pork & a whole but quite small J.A.P (just a pumpkin) - these will feature on Sunday night.

I’ve also found some dried sliced rice cakes which I’ll experiment with tomorrow. I have some Korean style pork stew in the freezer so I’m thinking a cheese tteokbokki & a pan of pot sticker dumplings for a late brunch after my walk.

(...)
The problem is that they may be soft, but they are also very fragile and crumbly. I wasn't able to use them as tacos or as wraps. They broke apart, even after heating them.
Use them like a pizza, put a sauce on it that is rather mild, like: cream fraiche, lemon zest, salt, chili, oil, add some toppings you like and put it in the microwave until the toppings are hot or just put some Nutella/chocolate sauce on it. Whatever sauce you'll be using, it should have the same texture like tomato sauce, so the the taco shells can absorb the liquid and get soft enough, to be eaten. As I don't exactly know the product you've bought, I can't tell you if it'll be working, the right amount of sauce is the key.

Use them like a pizza, put a sauce on it that is rather mild, like: cream fraiche, lemon zest, salt, chili, oil, add some toppings you like and put it in the microwave until the toppings are hot or just put some Nutella/chocolate sauce on it. Whatever sauce you'll be using, it should have the same texture like tomato sauce, so the the taco shells can absorb the liquid and get soft enough, to be eaten. As I don't exactly know the product you've bought, I can't tell you if it'll be working, the right amount of sauce is the key.

We do something similar in the US, but we use flour tortillas. They are more like pizza crust, and more sturdy.

CD

Yes, I had thought to make Mexican pizzas.

I haven't been to the Persian market in Dallas in years. I used to go there with my Persian next-door neighbor, who sadly was taken by cancer. I loved the breads. I need to go back. It's only a 30 minute drive.

CD

Yep, the 1 furthest away has a stone coal or wood fired oven for bread. The one i went to this past weekend is a little closer and smaller but they had an oven with a huge turntable that was half in and half out of the half round oven. There was a big rack of pita next to it. They also had a huge selection of ready to eat foods. I told craig we should pick up dinner there some time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who's post you are referring to (short memory span), but in the US, T-Day is short for Turkey Day, which is Thanksgiving.

CD
Flyinlentris used it, oooh, Turkey day,same letter,same holiday, main treat, cool. Thanks.
Sorry I did not react on the original post but to one of his later ones...
I guess I thought I would google it,and changed my mind into conversation😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom