What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do 3 types of raspberry jam. Seedless, sweet tip and tiny tip. I can see negligible difference in the ingredients for the last two. The 'tip' simply refers to 'Tiptree'. Maybe 'tiny tip' has less seeds?

Tiny tip
Sugar, Raspberries, Gelling Agent: Citrus Pectin, Acidity Regulator: Sodium Citrate, Prepared with 57g of Fruit per 100g, Total Sugar content 67g per 100g.

Sweet tip
Sugar, Raspberries, Gelling Agent: Pectin, Acidity Regulator: Sodium Citrate, Prepared with 52g of Fruit per 100g, Total Sugar content 67g per 100g
My jam/ jelly is
50/50 fruit and sugar.
Nothing else. It must be vegan??

Russ

When I worked for Sage (software), we all got Honey Baked Hams for Christmas.

Being in the marketing/advertising department, it was the vendors that took good care of us. The magazines we advertised with, in particular. We had about seven people in the department, and one magazine rep would take us out for a very pricey lunch. The printing companies would send us all kinds of food/treats.

CD

I used to treat my customers to anything they wanted. Anything from a boat to trips to Australia. I did very good business with them, no prices asked.

Russ

I was picking up something at Walmart today, and took a stroll through the meat department just to see what they had. A stocker had just put these markdown labels on these USDA Prime ribeyes (that's the highest grade).

IMG_1667.JPG

CD

Another too good to go package, this time from a store selling only Indian food

You see Indian cookies, large raisins, mutton curry mix, strawberry jam, mango chutney, lemon rice puffs, spicy balti mix, chiken tikka massala mix.

Very happy with this!

Attachments

• 20211118_123403.jpg
    20211118_123403.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 68
Not so much what I bought, actually what I couldn't buy. This normally spoils a whole recipe for me and I'll usually cancel and cook something else.
Kamaboko, although it looks like I could make my own.

Chayote or Cho cho, apparently papaya is an alternative especially if not quite ripe.
Yellow yam, not sure of an alternative.

Two different recipes by the way.

Just came back from my last shopping prior to Thanksgiving. I am going to be making a squash-based casserole this afternoon to bring tomorrow.

Besides non-edibles (ie, paper towels), I bought:

Butternut squash, pre-cubed for convenience.
White button mushrooms
Fresh Shiitake mushrooms
Limes
Fresh Mozzarella
Sharp Cheddar
Sapporo Beer
Thyme
Country style ribs
Rum
Suet

The place was decked out for the winter holidays, but fortunately they haven't switched over to the music, yet. Unlike Tasty's experience, I didn't see Holiday Food Displays - they'll have those at some point but I don't remember seeing such elaborate food displays in the past at any supermarket I have visited.

I looked for shortcrust pastry (which may be a British term; I'm going from a recipe from the UK I want to make....) The recipe does say Puff Pastry is an acceptable alternative. Or, I will see if I can make my own shortcrust. More info in my planned menu for the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom