What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replenished the Ketel One, Baileys and Hendricks today - Thanksgiving dinner guests tomorrow … party!!

A combination of what arrived in the post but is food related...

View media item 9433
View media item 9432
We're trying out a"new" to us composting system because none of our and attempts have been ideal and in the hotter months kitchen waste has to be kept in the fridge until someone walks it to the bottom of the garden, gets the nitrogen to carbon mix right and waters and rolls the composter each day. Needless to say it wasn't really happening in the 6 week timescale and was attracting lots of insects & fruit flies... so this new system is a cut it up - we already do that - 1 tablespoon of that sawdust mix to 1 cup of waste (includes citrus, coffee grounds, teabag contents, tissues & so on, just not the teabag its self because they contain plastic nowadays) mash everything down hard (potato masher), put the lid on properly - this may challenge my husband - and wait. The liquid is a liquid fertiliser and the "waste" either gets buried or left in the bucket to ferment for another couple of weeks and added to the compost heap or also buried in a trench next to trees or similar for nutrients to leach through. I suspect we'll add it to the compost tumbler to finish it off or abandon in the compost heap for the chooks to dig through!

And a visit to the rose bed via the lavender and 2 handfuls of dill.... This is all self seeded from one plant last year. I could easily go into small scale manufacture of dill right now... I'm pulling the plants up by the dozens literally.

Because the dehydrator has a slight mould issue right now, I've just vaccuum packed the plastic bag & frozen the lot.

TastyReuben I've got a tree that needs decorating please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom