What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why are they called "Fish egg" grapes? Are they much smaller than regular grapes, or are they a (Thai) version of what we get in Venezuela, called "Sea Grapes".
I notice the leaves are not like the common grape.

So why are they called "Fish egg" grapes? Are they much smaller than regular grapes, or are they a (Thai) version of what we get in Venezuela, called "Sea Grapes".
I notice the leaves are not like the common grape.
I assumed 'cos they were small and a but like caviar 0 but that is silly as they can't be that small.

They are pretty uniform at between 12 - 15 mm diameter. It's my wife that calls them "fish egg grapes" (in Thai, of course).

They look like just red grapes, to me. I eat them everyday. They are my candy.

CD

IMG_2140.JPG

I picked up this small Apple Pie at the Farm Stand yesterday, it wasn't marked with a price, but DH so loves his Apple Pie.
We had a small taste when we got home, very good. Then I looked at the receipt, $13.95USD 🤬
It was good but not that good.
First and last time I buy that!!!

View attachment 90585
I picked up this small Apple Pie at the Farm Stand yesterday, it wasn't marked with a price, but DH so loves his Apple Pie.
We had a small taste when we got home, very good. Then I looked at the receipt, $13.95USD 🤬
It was good but not that good.
First and last time I buy that!!!

How small was it? Hard to tell from the photo. But, whatever, that's and expensive pie!

View attachment 90589
... and almost gone :laugh:
Dang!! For that price, it should have been a full sized pie!!!

:eek: That was a very very expensive little pie! I have some cooking apples and I can make shortcrust easily for a few pence. I could make one for a tiny fraction of that cost. Come to think of it, my daughter is coming for lunch on Saturday so I'll do it as a dessert.

:eek: That was a very very expensive little pie! I have some cooking apples and I can make shortcrust easily for a few pence. I could make one for a tiny fraction of that cost. Come to think of it, my daughter is coming for lunch on Saturday so I'll do it as a dessert.
AGREED!
In fact, I was just about to make my own Apple Pie, but when I saw this little Pie, just enough for DH (I'm not the biggest fan of Apple Pie) I thought why not. I was going to make us a nice evening meal and Pie ala mode is a treat.
Yes, I'll make one on Sunday as well, we're going to have my Mother over for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom