What type of egg keeps longer?

jona

Über Member
Local time
12:12 PM
Website
www.tankopia.com
What keep longer - eggs that are still in the shell and refrigerated, or; eggs that have been hard-boiled and the shells removed, then refrigerated?

Thanks.

Eggs with shells keep longer irrespective of whether they are boiled or not.
I'll try to find the sources later for you (or with husband clothes shopping for him, role reversal, I'm the one sitting in the corner waiting for him!)

:okay:
At least my answer was one of their options! :roflmao:

Isn't that the one that no one wants to eat!?hence why it keeps do long...
Pickled hard-boiled eggs are a delicacy. Absolutely wonderful and very easy to make. And you can add all sorts of flavours to the pickling juice or pickle them in beetroot juice for a gorgeous red egg! I have some beetroot pickled quails eggs in the fridge. I'm sure I posted a recipe a while back involving pickled eggs.

Actually two recipes using pickled eggs:

Recipe Please Don't Eat the Daisies

IMGP0715.jpg

Recipe Pickled Quail's Eggs with Tomato and Chilli Jellies and Caperberries

IMGP0796.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a great fan of vinegar because of tongue issues (same with lemon juice, my condition, a chronic geographic tongue, it's the equivalent of biting your tongue then having vinegar or lemon juice, only mine is like that all the time and blisters very easily and readily, it hurts). So the idea of pickled anything when it doesn't have to be keeps me clear of things like that. :cry:

I'm not a great fan of vinegar because of tongue issues (same with lemon juice, my condition, a chronic geographic tongue, it's the equivalent of biting your tongue then having vinegar or lemon juice, only mine is like that all the time and blisters very easily and readily, it hurts). So the idea of pickled anything when it doesn't have to be keeps me clear of things like that. :cry:
That's a shame because I think pickles (particularly fresh pickles that you can make on the day) are a trending food at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom