Other things besides tea I use my kettle for:

1. That once-a-year occasion when I eat instant oatmeal

2. To make broth from a cube/powder

3. Pot Noodle/Noodle Pot

4. Hot chocolate drinks/Hot toddies

5. To heat water to go in the oven for when I'm making crusty bread

6. Theraflu

7. To heat water to pour over my ceramic cooktop to clean it

Electric and use it for making tea and coffee, also for boiling water for cooking frozen veg. or making gravy with granules - anything that requires hot or boiling water basically, eg. poached eggs, boiled rice. We have a whistler in the campervan, but during times of power cuts I just use a saucepan on the stove as I can't be bothered going out to the van to get the kettle from there.

I've just realised that we seem to have amassed a fair collection of kettles and hot drinks makers!

In addition to the pretty white kettle which I already posted a picture of (I'll call that #1), we also have:
#2 - a lime green Tassimo which sits next to the kettle in the kitchen - this is only used for hubby's coffee though because I don't like any of the Tassimo teas 🤢
#3 - the old kettle from the kitchen....kept in the garage as a spare in case the new one breaks. A kettle is considered essential equipment in this house so I'm perfectly justified in keeping a backup just in case :p:
#4 - a black Tassimo that lives in the motorhome - this is used for hubby's coffee and for my tea: I have a disc that produces boiling hot water for tea. Its a bit of a faff to take the normal spout off the Tassimo and fit the hot water disc, but at least it means my tea isn't polluted by the taste of his coffee :wink:
#5 - a small low-wattage camping kettle which we used to use in the motorhome before we got the Tassimo. We used to carry it around with us just in case the Tassimo broke (see above for the importance of always having a functioning kettle!) but finally realised that if the Tassimo does break then I can easily use #6.
#6 - a small whistling gas kettle for when we don't have electric hook up (around 50% of the time):

066Cvjnl.jpg

I've just realised that we seem to have amassed a fair collection of kettles and hot drinks makers!

In addition to the pretty white kettle which I already posted a picture of (I'll call that #1), we also have:
#2 - a lime green Tassimo which sits next to the kettle in the kitchen - this is only used for hubby's coffee though because I don't like any of the Tassimo teas 🤢
#3 - the old kettle from the kitchen....kept in the garage as a spare in case the new one breaks. A kettle is considered essential equipment in this house so I'm perfectly justified in keeping a backup just in case :p:
#4 - a black Tassimo that lives in the motorhome - this is used for hubby's coffee and for my tea: I have a disc that produces boiling hot water for tea. Its a bit of a faff to take the normal spout off the Tassimo and fit the hot water disc, but at least it means my tea isn't polluted by the taste of his coffee :wink:
#5 - a small low-wattage camping kettle which we used to use in the motorhome before we got the Tassimo. We used to carry it around with us just in case the Tassimo broke (see above for the importance of always having a functioning kettle!) but finally realised that if the Tassimo does break then I can easily use #6.
#6 - a small whistling gas kettle for when we don't have electric hook up (around 50% of the time):

View attachment 40892

I'm assuming the whistling kettle is in the motorhome?

No coffee machines of any sort here - neither of us drink coffee except an odd mug of instant once in a blue moon.

I'm assuming the whistling kettle is in the motorhome?

No coffee machines of any sort here - neither of us drink coffee except an odd mug of instant once in a blue moon.
Yep - neglected to mention that!

In our house I only drink tea, and hubby only drinks coffee....at least there's no arguments over the last tea bag lol

Back
Top Bottom