What will you be watching on TV tonight (2024)?

I’ve been in command of the TV all day, I’ve watched:

IMG_7578.jpeg

This one has been called the worst Frankenstein movie ever made, and yes, it’s very, very bad. No real redeeming qualities about it, apart from starring Mark Blankenfield, a comedian I used to watch on the old SNL rival, Fridays.

IMG_7579.jpeg

This is one of my all-time favorites. Part sci-fi, part horror, part thriller. Its fear factor comes from being just this side of believable, and it’s got one of my favorite actors, James Villiers, in it. He has to be the inspiration of Monty Python’s “Upper-Class Twit of the Year” sketches - I think every movie he’s in, he poshes, “Oh come now, old boy, it can’t be all bad, care for a sherry what-what?” at least once. :laugh:

IMG_7581.jpeg

Ahhhh, a spoof of 1950’s sci-fi horror flicks, with aliens, mutants, and skeletons, and co-starring the lovely and talented Fay Masterson (yes, another celebrity heartthrob!).

We just watched Poor Things, and holy crap, was that a fantastic movie! We loved it! Emma Stone deserved all the Oscars, and BAFTA’s, and BAFcars, and OscTA’s, and whatever else they give out! What a delightful and insightful film. Loved it!

The Murdoch mysteries.

I remember the first time I saw Are You Being Served? John Inman's teeth. :eek: I couldn't help thinking, "Surely you make enough money to get those teeth fixed."

View attachment 109551

BTW, that is a British TV show I never liked.

CD
Met a British television producer once. Told him we have Britcoms on PBS on Saturday nights. When I told him one of the shows was Are You Being Served he couldn’t believe we would put that trash on tv over here.

We’ve been working our way through Taskmaster, currently on season 8.

It had made us both laugh so hard we cried multiple times!

Back
Top Bottom