What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll watch the first 30 minutes. By then the Lions should be losing bad enough that the game will effectively be over.
That'll be it for Patrica no doubt. Wonder if he'll make it to the end of the season. Some screwball calls.

Last night, it was a Hallmark Christmas movie. The plot was a high-powered Wall St. investor suddenly lost her dream job, so she left her equally high-powered venture capitalist boyfriend and went back to her small town to think things over, where she also reconnected with her first love, who's been carrying a torch for her ever since, in between running his small-town coffee shop and doing lots of charity work, because the town is going through some tough times.

NYC boyfriend shows up unexpectedly with news that she's got another dream job just waiting for her, but wouldn't you know she has to go back to the city on Christmas Eve to claim it, and just after she and hunky small-town first love put together a food bank for the local folks to have a holiday?!?! What?!?! On Christmas Eve?!?! Say it ain't so!

She goes back, but of course realizes her dream job was back in the small town, with her small-town boyfriend, using her financial smarts to assist with running the local charity. So she leaves the city, comes back home, and finds hunky-but-sweet small-town love making stops to deliver food and gifts to people...and one was a secret gift for her. Yay!

I can't remember the name, because that just covered about 30% of all Hallmark movies. :laugh:

How can I not mention the so-bad-it's-great "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians?"

This year's gift of a sleep shirt with Marvin The Martian on it is listed "From: Droppo Claus" To: MrsT" in honor of the movie.

I hate musicals. This really surprised Colleen and I. I absolutely love "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist".

Not everybody likes musicals. I used to avoid them. But there are some really good ones. Check out Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin in "Paint Your Wagon" and you'll have one musical you like, for sure. Even the most grizzly nasty he-man hancho who likes War and Western movies will like that one.

I've never seen Zoey's. Do you recommend it?

Hate musicals, wife is opposite to me. She went to the ballet last week as well. I'm just a phillistine I guess. Can't see myself changing any time soon. I took her and daughter to Melbourne to see phantom of the opera, 30 years?? Ago. I stayed I'm my motel,lol.

Russ

I love ballet, the opera, orchestra concerts, would rather see a play than a movie, Shakespeare In The Park...but I hate musicals.

Put it this way: I'm a Monty Python fanatic in general and Holy Grail specifically, and I was ready to stab my ears bloody and scrape my eyes out with my fingernails during Spamalot.

I've been to several (Billy Elliot may have been the worst), and they're just torture to me. I feel like I'm either watching a play that keeps getting interrupted by a concert, or a concert that keeps getting interrupted by a play, and I want one or the other, to not a mix of both.

I don't even like Rocky Horror Picture Show. What does that tell you?

I had time for one more movie after moving another refrigerator (bigger one). This 2nd movie of the day is a historical take on the development of the X-15 rocket planes.

The movie is "X-15", a 1961 movie, narrated by James (Jimmy) Stewart. This can be a rather hard to find movie and I managed to get it in DVD format.

"Five Miles To Midnight" is one my favorite Sophia Loren movies. That's on tap today.

Another Sophia Loren movie that I find appealing is "Boy On a Dolphin", which I have recently watched, last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom