What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the beginning we have been catching up on Mortimer and Winehouse gone fishing, 2 middle aged comedians fishing. It is gentle, funny and at times profound.

Euchre !!!! Where I grew up in eastern Iowa euchre is huge. I haven’t played in decades because nobody here really plays cards.

Grew up with nana and my mum playing euchre Sunday nights. I’m pretty good btw, but it’s really a social event here, after a three course meal then three rounds of euchre, ususlly extremely funny with sore ribs next day. One friend represents Hornby working mans club throughout nz . She not good at bluffing,lol.

Russ

Tonight we will be watching survivor nz celebrity, ( celebrity, huh, I only know a few) but it’s quite funny. It has sir buck shelford in it, famous all black captain who once played on with a ripped scrotum, tough guy. And a few gay comedians I’ve never heard of. We watch chase before hand.

Russ

Tonight, we've started with the Holey Moley season finale and will probably move on to Travelers next and then Ares.

That is all Greek to me... I could look them up.
Well, it's the curse of today's streaming world - no one watches the same thing at the same time any longer, so it means we're all disconnected, as far as TV goes.

Quick synopsis, as best I can:

Holey Moley is an obstacle course mini putt golf game show. The holes are wildly exaggerated; the windmill hole, for example, is on fire, and once you putt your ball through, you have to try and run through the spinning blades, and if you fail (which is the norm), you get knocked into a big pool of freezing water and it's a stroke penalty.

Travelers - this is a MrsT show, sci-fi adventure show about people from the future who are able to transfer their consciousness into people from our time who are near death. Once they do that, they work as a team to prevent disasters that have a catastrophic effect on the future.

Ares - Dutch show about a secret society of the affluent, who seem to be either working for or against some kind of supernatural force that lives in the basement of their headquarters. I chose that one.

We ended up skipping Ares for two British shows - Kingdom, about a market town solicitor played by Stephen Fry, and Miranda, comedy about an awkward, lovelorn mid-30's woman staring Miranda Hart.

I envy you all..with my ADHD I can't sit for long. Let alone pay attention to anything fort any significant period of time..Rarely watch. TV my wife usually has it going..not sure what she's watching..

Last edited:
I envy you all..with my ADHD I can't sit for long. Let alone pay attention to anything fort any significant period of time..Rarely watch. TV my wife usually has it going..not sure what she's watching..

I'm rather the same - I sit and watch drama only when I'm also doing something else sitting down (like eating). Otherwise I have factual based TV programmes on (news, documentaries or UK food channel) which I dip in and out when I'm getting on with other things.

I try..but I end up doing something else and never going back to it..

Let's see...last night was The Good Doctor, the new Wonder Years, Lucifer (I went for a walk for most of that), Ares, and Peep Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom