What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to watch "I am Lisa" tonight but Wife was on the phone to her mate for an hour, put the phone down and promptly fell asleep. She's now snoring on the sofa/settee/couch.

Guessing we won't bother with that tonight then.

Nothing is definite, but probably All Creatures Great & Small (original), Warrior Nun, Grace & Frankie, and Open All Hours.

Coronation street (60 mins in 15) don't know why we watch it's so full of negative crap. Murican programme called hoarders. Quite sad really seeing people with problems, don't get me wrong we have them here, just no one films it. The book family one with 100,000 books was unbelievable.

Russ

The BBC has just shown a three-part series called Football's Darkest Secret. It's uncomfortable viewing and it cannot be otherwise. The subject matter is child abuse, something that has been going on for decades, but on a scale that seems unimaginable. It took one brave former player called Andy Woodward to waive his anonymity and tell everything in an interview with the Guardian newspaper. Almost as soon as he had done so, several more former players came forward. Two of them were well-known ex-England internationals.

The subsequent fallout saw a number of youth coaches arrested, charged and later imprisoned for what they had put these children - for that's what the young players were - through. It's a truly awful story, but one that needs to be told.

Today it’s 700 years after death Anniversary of Dante Alighieri, almost all tv programmes are talking about this and tonight there will be a programme dedicated to Dante, his life, his literary works and obviously La Divina Commedia. I surely will watch it
I'd certainly watch that, though I'd need subtitles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom