What would be your reaction to this - kitchen interference

I have a sister like that. She's dark, delusional, and nasty and lives behind a veil of self-righteousness she calls religion, but I can see right through it. I haven't spoken to her since our mother died in 2015 and I don't miss her one bit. I've 2 other sisters who aren't psychos. I've never been to my crazy sister's house (in South Carolina) and she has no idea where I live, which is perfectly OK with me.
It's strange how family members growing up in the same household can be so different isn't it! It's a shame they put so much time and energy into negative emotions rather than figuring out what they're angry and frightened about. Definite nominees for room 101! 😂

But before the modcopter arrives on the topic of kitchen messing my friend who has a large place in France that likes to have friends come and stay has NO ENTRY signs on the kitchen doors and a plastic chain across the doorway to stop 'helpful' people interfering with the cooking!

They have a fridge and sideboard in the dining room for people to help themselves to drinks and snacks but STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN! which I think is fair enough.

I would accept the apology, but get a water gun and wait for the next time or try a super strong, non smelly chili inside the tomato sauce.... she behaves like a disrespectful child and needs punishment, that's for sure
What if you put the super strong chili (but make it smelly) in a thin puree with water and put it inside the water gun?

Are you sure it's your sister who's the bad one? 😂
If I told you the stories about what she has done to her children (who are all adults now and only a few have a relationship with her) you'd understand that she isn't mischievous, she's just evil and crazy. And we'd have to start a new thread.

If I told you the stories about what she has done to her children (who are all adults now and only a few have a relationship with her) you'd understand that she isn't mischievous, she's just evil and crazy. And we'd have to start a new thread.
Perhaps we should have a Crazy People thread, let people blow off steam about the bits that suck!

But before the modcopter arrives on the topic of kitchen messing my friend who has a large place in France that likes to have friends come and stay has NO ENTRY signs on the kitchen doors and a plastic chain across the doorway to stop 'helpful' people interfering with the cooking!

They have a fridge and sideboard in the dining room for people to help themselves to drinks and snacks but STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN! which I think is fair enough.

Tasty just added a few items to his shopping list. :D

BTW TR, Home Depot sells plastic chain by the foot. :okay:

CD

40 lbs of tomatoes is a heck of a lot of work, and to have 5 pots ruined by an interfering twit ...
I tend to agree with caseydog on this one. Let her stew. She's obviously as thick as 10 teak lavatory seats, so it will take time to sink in.
She's also two slices short of a sandwich with the cooking skills. Turmeric with tomato sauce? Not unless I was making something (probably) Indian. Olive oil and turmeric? I'm not sure about that. Thinking she's got better tastebuds than her sister-in-law? Unacceptable and arrogant.
Imagine that, instead of it being a cooking scenario, she'd interfered while someone was building, let's say, a cabinet. Or you were fixing the car and she came and poked her nose in.

I'd favour a split door (like a stable door) topped with broken glass, cheap and lethal.

I've got you and TR both beat... a Colt .45. 🤠

1690820856975.png

CD

Just remembered a "classic" story of interference in the kitchen, when my bro was Head Chef at Sissinghurst Castle. They'd do about 4-500 covers a day (all buffet style) for the castle visitors and, although the kitchen had all the mod cons, not a minute could be wasted on prep because lunch was served at 12m.
There was a whole line of ovens in the kitchen, used for roasting, baking, etc. Bro got into the kitchen at 7am and told the sous chef to get the 20-30 turkeys into the oven .
" The oven won't light, Chef . The pilot lights are out"
" WHO TURNED THE @@}**(!!! PILOT LIGHTS OFF????"
In pranced the new manager.
" I did. It's important that everyone understands that we need to save energy " she trilled. " And that includes, you, chef!"
Bro had a pretty short fuse, especially in HIS kitchen. He stormed into the office, came back with a box of matches, shoved them into her sticky paws and said:
" This is my kitchen, and you stay OUT of it. Now you can light the bloody ovens. I'm going outside for a smoke"
1 1/2 hours later, the pilot lights were finally lit. The manager was sobbing and wailing. Lunch was an hour late.

The thing about cooking (as opposed to most other creative or craft activities) is that cooking is something that most/many people do as a day to day thing. Therefore, some think they are qualified to interfere 'hands on' in the process when others are cooking. To them its a normal thing to do this as they don't see as your personal creative process.

If you compare this to (for example) landscape painting or knitting, I think it unlikely that many 'visitors' would be so audacious as to pick up palette and brush and start altering the painting you left on the easel or unpick the knitting you left in the basket and knit a few more different rows.

Back
Top Bottom