What your significant other does with food and drink that annoys you?

Hey, look! Red Lobster has a new drink... the Dew Garita. :dance:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di74XxI9MD0

CD

Hey, the Dew Garita made Late Night with Seth Meyers. :okay:

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 12.31.56 AM.jpg

CD

Here's one:

During the week, breakfast and lunch is on our own (we both work from home) and on the weekends, I try to throw together a little cheese-and-crackers plate, but between breakfast and supper, we're also on our own.

Every single time I go into the kitchen and get myself a snack, like a piece of fruit or some potato chips or something, as soon as I sit down, I hear, "Whatcha eatin'?," followed by, "That sounds really good!," which is code for, "Get me some as well!"

It just grates on my nerves, because it's partly like I can't have anything that's just mine, and partly because it's like she can't think of anything on her own - all her food ideas have to come from me.

Here's one:

During the week, breakfast and lunch is on our own (we both work from home) and on the weekends, I try to throw together a little cheese-and-crackers plate, but between breakfast and supper, we're also on our own.

Every single time I go into the kitchen and get myself a snack, like a piece of fruit or some potato chips or something, as soon as I sit down, I hear, "Whatcha eatin'?," followed by, "That sounds really good!," which is code for, "Get me some as well!"

It just grates on my nerves, because it's partly like I can't have anything that's just mine, and partly because it's like she can't think of anything on her own - all her food ideas have to come from me.

My wife likes a particular cheese to snack on, I must admit I love it too now. The places she tries to hide it make me laugh. Behind or under things to put me off the trail. I'm now limited to how much I can have,lol.

Russ

Here's one:

Here's how the ex and I dealt with that.

"Hey, I'm gonna' make some ******, do you want some?"

Although, when it came to some things, we didn't have to ask. She never had to ask if I wanted to have some pimento cheese and crackers with her. :thumbsdown:

CD

Here's one, ripped from today's headlines, and it's paired with an earlier one:

I mentioned earlier about how our eating schedules are way off. I eat breakfast around 8AM, she around 10AM. I eat lunch around noon, she tries to skip lunch, then gets hungry, stuffs her face with junk food around 4PM, then when it's time to eat at 6:30PM, she's not hungry. This happens virtually every single weekday.

Today, noon, I'm trying to be better about leftovers (which I used to just toss, because neither of us like leftovers), so I pulled out the single serving of leftover spaghetti from last night, and started heating it up in the microwave.

As soon as she became aware of what I was doing, she said, "Hey, do we have any of that spaghetti left over? I was thinking I'd have that for lunch."

Oh, really? The one weekday since we've been home together every day that you suddenly are thinking you want lunch, and at a reasonable time, is the one day I'm already heating up the single serving of spaghetti? How...convenient...

"Yeah, well, there's only enough for one, and I'm heating that up right now. I didn't check with you, because you never eat a proper lunch, and you never eat this early."

"Well, I don't know why, but I'm really hungry now!"

So, slightly miffed, I divided it anyway and sat some aside for her, and enjoyed my half-lunch.

She grabbed her half, took two bites, and now it's sitting on her side table, where it'll sit for the rest of the day. She wants only things other people already have. Had I not heated that up at all and just made a peanut butter sandwich, that spaghetti would have sat in there for another week. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I made enough mashed potatoes the night before last for 3 people, just in case 1 of us wanted 2nds. I never take more food than I can eat. Hubby didn't leave any in the pan. I would have liked a little more potatoes. He took more than he could eat and threw half of them away. I won't eat off his plate.

Because it looks like antifreeze.
Antifreeze is reputed to be quite tasty, very sweet (not kidding), it's why you have to watch your pets around any leaky car radiators.

That's another one you can chalk up to my dog and her nine lives (sorry, cats). She got into some antifreeze and had to go through the very-expensive-and-doesn't-always-work anti-antifreeze treatment (liquid charcoal forced down the gullet to neutralize the poison). She lived to tell the tale, though.

I made enough mashed potatoes the night before last for 3 people, just in case 1 of us wanted 2nds. I never take more food than I can eat. Hubby didn't leave any in the pan. I would have liked a little more potatoes. He took more than he could eat and threw half of them away. I won't eat off his plate.
That's exactly the stuff my wife does, though never with mashed potatoes. :laugh:

Antifreeze is reputed to be quite tasty, very sweet (not kidding), it's why you have to watch your pets around any leaky car radiators.
That's another one you can chalk up to my dog and her nine lives (sorry, cats). She got into some antifreeze and had to go through the very-expensive-and-doesn't-always-work anti-antifreeze treatment (liquid charcoal forced down the gullet to neutralize the poison). She lived to tell the tale, though.

That's exactly the stuff my wife does, though never with mashed potatoes. :laugh:

Yes, I knew that about antifreeze. I am glad your dog did not die from drinking it. What are you doing with all the millions of dollars you have made from having a talking dog?

She cuts everything into bite size pieces before eating. Pancakes, French toast, steak, chicken, you name it. The only exceptions are sandwiches and soups/stew.

I'm the opposite. I like big food cut as the meal progresses I guess.
Oh yes indeed, I cut my food as I go as well. My hubby likes to cut everything up before he eats it, which causes a problem, because hot food cools off very quickly after it's been cut into, so he cuts it all up, eats a bite, says, "The food is not hot enough," and goes to the microwave. For pasta and such, no big deal, but for steak, it ends up being overcooked and a little tough if he isn't careful. Great way to ruin a great medium-rare filet is in the microwave.

Back
Top Bottom