Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a unit that has cookware on the top, cookery books on the next level, glasses below that. & a closed section that i turned it into sort of a mini liquor cabinet with a pull-down door! I'll post a pic of it soon. :whistling:

Took the pic on my digital camera, but the desktop screen has changed, making it hard to upload!!! Does anyone know how to do this now?

Top pic; Cabinet closed. Bottom pic; Well, Surprise, surprise, surprise!!! All the goodies revealed!! I think that I'll call this my Business Briefcase!! Hah!! :whistling: :wink:

Last edited:
Well, I don't drink to get drunk. I've learned that you can still drink & have a good ole time. Just drink normally, but slow. You'll find that you don't get drunk , at least not fast. And you'll be fine!!!! :whistling:

GadgetGuy , looking at that collection, I had you pegged as a boozer, but its good to hear that you don't drink to get drunk. Myself, I'm not the type to keep that much booze. I have some beers, a bottle of cabernet, a bottle of rum and a bottle of Kahlua. And except for the Kahlua and the cab, I don't expect to tap the other stuff much. I use Kahlua every other day in my coffee and with the Christmas/New Years holidays approaching, the cab won't last much longer and I'll have to get another. I may crack one of the beers during the holidays too, but don't plan on it at the moment.

GadgetGuy , looking at that collection, I had you pegged as a boozer, but its good to hear that you don't drink to get drunk. Myself, I'm not the type to keep that much booze. I have some beers, a bottle of cabernet, a bottle of rum and a bottle of Kahlua. And except for the Kahlua and the cab, I don't expect to tap the other stuff much. I use Kahlua every other day in my coffee and with the Christmas/New Years holidays approaching, the cab won't last much longer and I'll have to get another. I may crack one of the beers during the holidays too, but don't plan on it at the moment.

I just had a beer. That's it for tonight. :whistling:

We have loads and loads of booze, which makes people think we drink all the time, but we actually drink very little.

Most of the year, our alcohol consumption is splitting a single 12oz beer Friday night, Saturday is usually splitting two beers or one beer and a cocktail, and Sunday is the "big" drinking day, with us splitting a bottle of wine/champagne.

There are exceptions, of course, like when we have fondue, because that'll be a shot of kirsch and splitting a bottle of wine, or when we go out for a special meal, or around the holidays, like this weekend, when I'm making punch. We'll be drinking on that all day.

Makes it hard right as far as beer goes, because I like buying beer seasonally, and right now, I want to buy all the Christmas beers, but that means I'll be stuck drinking them in June. I still have two beers left from a Sam Adams "Beers of Summer" sampler pack! :laugh:

I have a decanter with maple-flavored Canadian whiskey in it...I've had it for 11 years. I've had one drink out of it, didn't like it, so there it sits.

I have a decanter with maple-flavored Canadian whiskey in it...I've had it for 11 years. I've had one drink out of it, didn't like it, so there it sits.
Fun thing about decanters, it could be water with caramel syrup in there, nobody cares as long as it looks the part... on a top shelf where nobody can reach it :D

This is why people think I'm an alcoholic.
View attachment 77236

Truth is, I collect rum as a hobby and my wife works for a liquor company, so this collection makes sense to me.
Elle, the fluffy ginger, looks on disapprovingly lol
I'll take pics of mine in a bit, but when we first set up the bar, my brother (who drank heavily nearly his entire life and has the serious liver issues to prove it) came over to our house, took one look at the fully-stocked bar, and said, "This is great! It'll take the pressure off me being the family drunk!" :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom