Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying out the new Somersby today
View attachment 59942

Aaaand, I was today years' old when I found out the bottle opener I've had for years has a magnet on the back to help remove the cap on the bottle!

I always thought the magnet was to stick the opener to the refrigerator door, so I wouldn't lose it.

CD

Another funny tidbit about my wife and booze. When I first met her, she'd rarely drink anything except a couple of somewhat sugary mixed drinks, and she always turned her nose up at beer.

She even used to tell me she couldn't drink much because she was "allergic to alcohol." - I found out later that was because she'd gotten sick on melon balls (Midori) and she just assumed she'd had an allergic reaction.

Then we moved to the UK, and she got to drink decent beer (when we were dating back in the late-'80's, there wasn't the craft beer explosion like we have now), and we went to Germany and had good beer, and she suddenly realized that she liked beer...quite a bit.

Now, beer is her drink of choice, though she loves whiskey and bourbon, too, though amaretto is probably her favorite liquor.

She also likes wine and champagne and brunch drinks that feature that.

Ok, I guess what I'm saying is, there ain't much she won't drink. 🥂 🍻 🥃 🍷

So, what you're trying to tell is is that you drove her to drink? I can see that.

I always thought the magnet was to stick the opener to the refrigerator door, so I wouldn't lose it.

CD

So did I!
Can she manage a beer bong? I can't. My roommate in college was an expert.

CD

For those who don't know, this is a beer bong. I'm guessing there's less of this going on in the past year, though judging by Spring Break reports I'm seeing in some places, maybe not:
r-thru-a-funnel-and-hose-sometimes-called-a-M1D7H1.jpg

Is this a port wine? A liquor? And how would you describe it?
It is indeed a white port. Of the three (tawny port, ruby port, and white port), this is (no surprise) the lightest-tasting one of all, and it tastes much closer to a ruby port than a tawny port.

We both like it very much, and will probably continue buying this through the warm months, and save the others for the colder months.

It is indeed a white port. Of the three (tawny port, ruby port, and white port), this is (no surprise) the lightest-tasting one of all, and it tastes much closer to a ruby port than a tawny port.

We both like it very much, and will probably continue buying this through the warm months, and save the others for the colder months.

No, it is a PORTO! Not port. Not port wine. Port wine is the cheap stuff that aspires to be porto.

I have never tried a white porto. Sandeman is not my favorite porto, but not bad. I'd like to try some (don't tell my doctors).

CD

A first taste of the Angostura seven-year-old rum (from Trinidad) last night. Most interesting: a whole variety of flavours sneak out, from dark chocolate to toffee to aniseed to vanilla...every small sip seemed to bring something new. It also feels warm in the throat, it you see what I mean. Not burning, just a pleasing warmth which didn't go amiss on a chilly night. If a bottle had a "Like" button, I would have pressed it.

These are interesting. They are part of a variety pack that more or less gives you a classic mixed drink in a can. What you get is actually a seltzer with hints of the original drink. There is also an interpretation of the sidecar mixed drink in the pack.

The old-fashioned is one of my favorites when done properly, but this interpretation is just a boozy aftertaste of what the real drink should be. The gimlet and the sidecar are good, however. I really can’t recommend any of them other than the way I bought them: at a reduced price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom