Whatcha drinking (2023)?

The least offensive from a list of bad choices:
IMG_4174.jpeg

I'm thinking Taaka vodka is more appropriate with Squirt. :eek:

CD
I didn’t know this until I just looked it up, but Squirt dates back to 1938 and in the 1950’s was very popular as a cocktail mixer!

I didn’t have any cold Diet Pepsi, but I did have a single cold Squirt in there. The cocktail I was making called for cranberry juice, but I didn’t have that, so I went with apple juice.

I will tell you one thing I learned from making this - I don’t care how many times the recipe says to put a carbonated drink in a shaker and shake it…don’t do that. Listen to that little voice that says, “That’s obviously a mistake.” :headshake:

I will tell you one thing I learned from making this - I don’t care how many times the recipe says to put a carbonated drink in a shaker and shake it…don’t do that. Listen to that little voice that says, “That’s obviously a mistake.” :headshake:

I can hear your internal dialog...

One side: I don't think shaking a carbonated beverage is a good idea.

Other side: But it says to do it in the recipe!!!

CD

I can hear your internal dialog...

One side: I don't think shaking a carbonated beverage is a good idea.

Other side: But it says to do it in the recipe!!!

CD
That’s 100% correct, and I shook it because I’d already substituted apple juice for cranberry juice, so I felt like I need to balance it out a little.

I didn’t know this until I just looked it up, but Squirt dates back to 1938 and in the 1950’s was very popular as a cocktail mixer!
Back home in Jamaica, we have a soda called TING and its similar to Squirt in that its a grapefruit soda (though not as sweet). We frequently use it as a chaser for overproof white rum.

Poor woman’s iced cappuccino- I poured some sweetened espresso over ice, then added a bunch of oat milk.

Saturday evening so a nice. G&T. Larios gin brought back from Spain and Fever Tree tonic, a tonic that brought gin back from the dead, meaning that 77% of brits now consider it a primary drink.
1 in 16 brits drink gin everyday 😮

Schweppes and their nasty artificially sweetened tonic really did damage gin drinking, it produced a foul tasting drink.

So glad its now back as one of out most popular drinks 👍

Back
Top Bottom