What's a healthy late night snack?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
6:13 AM
Before I go to bed, I usually like to eat a snack. Not going to sleep on an empty stomach helps me rest better. My choice for a snack is at times a sweet.

I usually have a mug of hot oatly (oat milk) and if I am hungry then will attack a packet of wasabi peas. If I wake hungry in the night and can't get back to sleep, then either a handful of nuts or a hard boiled egg work wonders for me.

I always keep some hard boiled eggs in the fridge, and I find if I'm hungry late at night, one of them takes the edge off my appetite, and because it's protein, it keeps me full until morning.

Apple with a small amount of peanut butter, a small piece of reduced fat cheese, a hard boiled egg, veggies with hummus, a handful of almonds.

I seldom eat a late night snack because it had been years since I am on an after 6 diet. Nothing to eat after eating dinner at 6 pm at night because I want that what I eat is digested well before I go to sleep. If ever by chance I need to eat a late night snack I will have cucumber sticks with yogurt dip just to relieve my hunger and anyway it is healthy.

A few of my go to late night snacks include a handful of mixed berries, dried peas or a wholegrain cracker with a bit of cheese and marmite or relish. Unfortunately I'm allergic to hard boiled eggs and nuts.

I wouldn't say it's the healthiest thing, but I often snack on lunch meats before bed. Sometimes I will make a half sandwich, along with some olives & pickles on the side.

Another favorite is to just thaw out some of the pre cooked shrimp I keep in my freezer, and snack on those with some cocktail sauce. I feel a little less guilty about that, even though shrimp are rather expensive.

I personally eat whatever I happen to have in the fridge.
If you want healthy, then a fruit is probably your best bet. Veggies with a light dip are also great.

I very rarely eat right before bed. I know I should not, but I usually have a pretty good dinner, so I'm full by bedtime. Whenever I do snack late at night, it's always a big glass of milk. If I have some almonds or cashews I can eventually snack on those too. But as they are a little bit too expensive, I prefer to save them for as my during the day snack.

Before I go to bed, I usually like to eat a snack. Not going to sleep on an empty stomach helps me rest better. My choice for a snack is at times a sweet.

If you're an ice cream lover, I would try blending a nice, smooth batch of homemade ice cream. If you have a food processor then you have no worries although a blender would work fine. Just need a little almond milk, fresh FROZEN fruit, vanilla extract, and whipping cream. Throw all contents into your blender or food processor (preferably) and blend until smooth. Eat and enjoy!

I try to snack on fruits, nuts or veggies before bed. It is so much easier said than done though! Sometimes, I just want something sweet! If I want something a little more filling or sweet, I will have a bowl of cereal. I try to buy cereal high in fiber because it helps me stay full longer, so I don't wake up super hungry. Another thing I will sometimes snack on is a high fiber granola bar.

Frozen fruit! I am obsessed. I especially love frozen grapes, mango and blueberries.

I always go with a glass of ice water just to kill the craving then I go fruit or veggies. I try not to eat too late if I know I am not going to burn it off. But sometimes you need something salty and I go with a few crackers, some cheese and grapes. Something in the 100 to 200 calorie range.

My late nite snack choices are usually far from healthy... bcos it tends to be chips or crisps or peanuts. :(

Nite snacking also puts me at a higher risk of putting on weight. so I try my best not to.

Apple Slices with a little bit of a homemade fruit dip and/or walnuts. Sometimes I splurge a bit more by adding Hershey's Spreads chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom