What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickled gerkins/ pickles from our garden earlier. Third jar this season with a lot to go. We planted a out 8 plants.
I swap gerkins for crays with a mate .
His wife absolutely loved my gerkins. She eats 1 a day. Apparently they are good for her gut?

Russ
Yeah, it's the electrolytes and fermentation (probiotics).

At my old house, I had a tomato garden and a peach tree. I had to cover both with bird netting. It was a PITA for harvesting, but it was the only way I would get any fruit.

CD
We have a pear tree that produces a ton of pears that we never eat (I don't like pears). But they ferment and the blackbirds and squirrels get drunk and it's funny to watch.

The only thing growing in my garden currently are weeds and green onions.

We have a pear tree that produces a ton of pears that we never eat (I don't like pears). But they ferment and the blackbirds and squirrels get drunk and it's funny to watch.

The only thing growing in my garden currently are weeds and green onions.
I know guys on the coast who have wood pigeons near them. They eat berries and get drunk and fall out of the trees. It's illegal to catch or eat them.

Russ

I know guys on the coast who have wood pigeons near them. They eat berries and get drunk and fall out of the trees. It's illegal to catch or eat them.

Russ
The berries or the drunken pigeons? :laugh:

Just taken +15kg of pears off the pear tree. The second graft is ripening. They are huge pears as well, some as large as my hand. Over 15kg is 45 pears with some weighing in at 350g per pear and the largest fruit are yet to come. Not sure what I'll do with them but dehydrated pear slices, pear chutney and pear cider vinegar are the main 3. There's around 100kg it so of this variety which looks similar to Buerre Bosc (brown skins which ripen to yellow)....

My Live Oak tree finished its annual Spring leaf drop, and the new leaves are almost fully grown, The dropping of the catkins has begun. Live oaks are self pollinating, the female "flowers" are pollinated by the male catkins, and become acorns. These catkins make a HUGE mess. They fall from the trees in large amounts. Worse part, they stick to dogs, especially poodles.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 12.18.29 AM.jpg

Ted009small.jpg

CD

My Live Oak tree finished its annual Spring leaf drop, and the new leaves are almost fully grown, The dropping of the catkins has begun. Live oaks are self pollinating, the female "flowers" are pollinated by the male catkins, and become acorns. These catkins make a HUGE mess. They fall from the trees in large amounts. Worse part, they stick to dogs, especially poodles.

View attachment 83542

View attachment 83543

CD

That is hysterical!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom