What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still window gardening for now. We still get frost until the end of May occasionally.

Well, the beast awoke on the fourth crank - highly unusual. Yard is now mowed.

View attachment 84619
We're talking about getting a battery operated one to go with the chainsaw and strimmer (whipped snipper)... they all take the same battery but the one that comes with it should be enough... I struggle to start the lawnmower at the best of times. I really liked the idea of pressing a button and the darn thing starting.

We're talking about getting a battery operated one to go with the chainsaw and strimmer (whipped snipper)... they all take the same battery but the one that comes with it should be enough... I struggle to start the lawnmower at the best of times. I really liked the idea of pressing a button and the darn thing starting.
When we move (eventually), the plan is to have a much smaller yard, and that’s exactly what I’ll be doing, going the rechargeable route (as recommended by caseydog). I was looking at them yesterday.

When we move (eventually), the plan is to have a much smaller yard, and that’s exactly what I’ll be doing, going the rechargeable route (as recommended by caseydog). I was looking at them yesterday.

I need to get a replacement battery for the TORO eCycler lawn mower. But, I checked the date on the battery in it, and it is 8 years old. It is lead acid, just like a car battery. How often do you see a car battery last 8 years?

The Ryobi One+ stuff is all working this spring. That is Home Depot's store brand.

Now, I just need to get my lazy butt out back and do the work.

CD

If you have a small area to take care of, you can't beat cordless electric yard tools. I know you live on a lot of land, but perhaps there is a small area that you treat as you "yard," and manicure to that level. If so, give the cordless gear a good look.

CD

If you have a small area to take care of, you can't beat cordless electric yard tools. I know you live on a lot of land, but perhaps there is a small area that you treat as you "yard," and manicure to that level. If so, give the cordless gear a good look.

CD
If by small you mean it takes my husband 3½hrs minimum to cut and me 2 mornings, then yes, its small, but somehow i suspect not. It is also not flat which without the power driven petrol mower (you don't chase after ours but push it) afterwards it hard going.
But the major issue is that it is not easy for me to start... plus with everything else being Ryobi we have additional batteries (3 extras) that will all fit potential new mower along with its battery. Ample to get around the various lawns, plus I need to pace myself so dividing it into 2 or 3 days is better... the whole idea behind the battery chainsaw wad to limit how long I could use it without stopping.

If by small you mean it takes my husband 3½hrs minimum to cut and me 2 mornings, then yes, its small, but somehow i suspect not. It is also not flat which without the power driven petrol mower (you don't chase after ours but push it) afterwards it hard going.
But the major issue is that it is not easy for me to start... plus with everything else being Ryobi we have additional batteries (3 extras) that will all fit potential new mower along with its battery. Ample to get around the various lawns, plus I need to pace myself so dividing it into 2 or 3 days is better... the whole idea behind the battery chainsaw wad to limit how long I could use it without stopping.

For an area that big, you will need to break up the work. But, it sounds like you want to do that, anyway.

My Toro battery powered mower is vey lightweight. It is not propelled. You have to push it, but it is lighter than a gas powered mower.

CD

I've finally managed to identify this tree in my garden...

Yep that one. It's between 4 & 5m high. I've pruned it back significantly because we couldn't catch the chooks hiding in it a few years ago and mowing the lawn was getting difficult.

It's an oldie, but apparently this is less than ½ of its maximum height!

The clue is in the leaves but more importantly the flowers.

It just so happens to match one I have growing in a pot.

And it has just flowered for the first time.

It seems I won't need to buy bay leaves whilst we reside at this house, lol. 20220502_132021.jpg

I've finally managed to identify this tree in my garden...

View attachment 84644
Yep that one. It's between 4 & 5m high. I've pruned it back significantly because we couldn't catch the chooks hiding in it a few years ago and mowing the lawn was getting difficult.

View attachment 84642It's an oldie, but apparently this is less than ½ of its maximum height!

The clue is in the leaves but more importantly the flowers.
View attachment 84647

It just so happens to match one I have growing in a pot.

View attachment 84646
And it has just flowered for the first time.

View attachment 84643

It seems I won't need to buy bay leaves whilst we reside at this house, lol. View attachment 84645

Yeah - they do grow and grow. I had one nearly as big as your tree in a previous garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom