What's going on in your garden (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was very busy in the back and front gardens, lawn mowing, weeding, tidying etc...the birds are loving it, must be plenty of worms and what-have-you for them :happy:

MrsT’s latest flag:

IMG_4383.jpeg

How odd - I don't think we have anything like that here. Bunting might appear in gardens for celebrations but not single flags.
It’s a big industry here, sold mainly at garden centers, kitschy “country” stores, DIY stores, home goods stores. I’d say more houses than not have at least one out. We have two.

It’s a big industry here, sold mainly at garden centers, kitschy “country” stores, DIY stores, home goods stores. I’d say more houses than not have at least one out. We have two.

I hate them. My ex-wife bought a couple. I'll be darned if someone didn't go and steal them from our garden. Can you imagine that? :wink:

CD

With a heavy frost forecast, I picked the remaining 3kg of tomatoes yesterday.

They will have to ripen in the house. Some are partially ripe, so keeping them on the vine as long as possible definitely helped, but that's it now for my tomatoes. I'll try to get some new plants germinating on the sheltered verandah in a hope that I might get a longer growing season, but I'm not holding my breath. It was -6°C locally last night (though only -1°C here at the top of the mountain). The sweet potato plants and aubergines are still growing on the verandah.

I still need to get carrots and parsnips planted, but want to get some celeriac seeds to try my hand at growing them as well.

I have the week off work…it’s a good thing I do, the garden is wall-to-wall weeds. I’ve been weeding the area where the veggie patch is, coming along but it’s been several hours work and I’m only about half done.

The radishes, spinach, and lettuce I planted a few weeks ago have sprouted and are coming along. There are some little wispy things that might be leeks, but no sign of the green onions. My dill self-seeded again so I’ll have plenty of that this year.

I’m starting to harden off the tomatoes and peppers that I started indoors, they should be able to be planted out by the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom