What's going on in your garden (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in our garden happened or going to in next 5 weeks. Them I'll get ready for spring and summer.
I absolutely detest winter.

Russ

This was $10 at ALDI. They have another one in a different design, I’m going back to get that tomorrow, maybe:

View attachment 101929
I have two such things. One came from Glastonbury festival (I didn't attend - it was a gift). Both of mine are metallic. Not sure I like the pottery look... but I'm fussy about such things. Maybe yours sounds lovely!

Our neighbour used to have bamboo chimes, a right clattering racket, yours look more pleasing to the ear.

Potato patch, tomatoes, herb boxes, onions, butternut squash, zucchini, beets, just picked some savory…
IMG_3801.jpeg
IMG_3800.jpeg
IMG_3802.jpeg
IMG_3803.jpeg
IMG_3805.jpeg
IMG_3804.jpeg

I’ve been removing invasives from my yard and trying to get a native plant garden going. I’ve planted common milkweed, butterfly milkweed, blazing star, bugbane, and coneflower. I also have some wintergreen and bunchberry I’ve been meaning to get into the ground. This weekend my dad gave me some wild ginger, jack-in-the-pulpit, and evening primrose. When I arrived home from the weekend, my butterfly milkweed is blooming!
5E585A56-891A-41FD-BCB8-FBB6EFB8EE36.jpeg

As for the veg garden, a rabbit is defoliating my beans, and something dug up my peppers and pulled them out of the ground! This was the second time so I stuck them in pots instead and I’m hoping for the best. Tomatoes are blooming, although one appears to be dying for no apparent reason.

That’s a beautiful picture!
Thanks TR! They really are lovely plants - one of my new favourites. I love the colour, plus they bloom for a long time and in my experience, they’re pretty easy to grow (in my area, anyway). They were a bit late to sprout this spring, but then they got huge seemingly overnight!

We've had rain almost every day for two weeks.
I'm thinking of petitioning the government to declare my back garden a tropical rain forest.

Shishito Peppers. Found this little plant on the sale table at the nursery a few weeks ago. Peppers are about an inch and a half long . Funny little fellers. Too early to bite into one. Still having my first coffee.

IMG_3832.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m drowning in herbs:

IMG_4976.jpeg

I’m cooking a lot less “real” food, so I’m using a lot less herbs. The thyme is blossoming like mad.

I’ve checked with family, friends, and neighbors, and very, very few people want any fresh herbs. My freezer’s already full from last year’s yield, as well as my dried stuff. I’ve actually been thinning these and just leaving the cuttings for the rabbits, etc!

Last year we planted up a corner of our back garden and it looked great, this year, not so good. Cannot remember what these plants are, maybe we should have cut them back at the end of the year to encourage strong growth this year. Any thoughts?

20230709_094944.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom