What's going on in your garden (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garden’s doing well - there’s tomatoes, peppers, beans, sunflowers, leeks, radishes, green onions, and some dill in this bed.

I turned my back for about 30 seconds and the radishes bolted. Ah well, they seem to be mostly foliage and no root anyway.View attachment 101703
The contraption in the foreground is my motion-activated sprinkler - attempting to keep the squirrels, raccoons, bunnies, and Norm the groundhog out of the garden. It’s sort of effective.
Are you in Ontario?

The contraption in the foreground is my motion-activated sprinkler - attempting to keep the squirrels, raccoons, bunnies, and Norm the groundhog out of the garden. It’s sort of effective.

We have something like that in Texas. Fires bullets. Very effective, although a bit loud. :wink:

CD

Yesterday evening we had a starling and a couple of little ones in our front garden, a real surprise to see them as they are becoming rare around our way.

I have been sprinkling bird seed on our front lawn however a couple of days ago I came home to a big pile of pigeon feathers :(
Am now worried about attracting the birds.

I have been sprinkling bird seed on our front lawn however a couple of days ago I came home to a big pile of pigeon feathers :(
Am now worried about attracting the birds.

A big pile of bird feathers in my yard usually means a bird had a meet-up with the neighborhood feral cat.

CD

That is what concerns me especially with so many little ones around.

I know how you feel. I like the feral cats, because they kill the rats that come from the ranch down the street. I don't like finding the pile of feathers. But, I know that you can't have one without the other.

CD

It’s about six weeks since I planted the flowers:

IMG_4865.jpeg
IMG_4866.jpeg
IMG_4867.jpeg
IMG_4868.jpeg

This was $10 at ALDI. They have another one in a different design, I’m going back to get that tomorrow, maybe:

IMG_4920.jpeg

That is what concerns me especially with so many little ones around.

We have a park/reserve behind us. 1 big tree in that park sits just behind back right corner. It overhangs our section. We throw out bread for birds plus wife has a feeder out the back. Recently our neighbour 2 down has gotten 2 identical grey fluffy kittens. They are really cute and visit our home regularly. About a week ago I watched 1 walk on top of our back fence to the corner tree.
Then it used my wifes greenhouse to launch an attack on birds in that tree. The following day I found feathers in the garden.
I havnt mentioned it to the wife.

Russ

I have two such things. One came from Glastonbury festival (I didn't attend - it was a gift). Both of mine are metallic. Not sure I like the pottery look... but I'm fussy about such things. Maybe yours sounds lovely!

The pottery chimes have a different sound. Less hard edged -- duller sound. Often deeper pitch. Best part, not as loud. However, just as annoying. :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom