Local time
5:20 AM
Do you know? Have a guess! :D Photographed today, in my garden:

IMGP0917.jpg

Bloody Mary Jelly
Ingredients
Tomato juice (3 parts)
Vodka (1 part)
Agar Agar flakes (use enough for a firm set based on packet instructions)
Tabasco
Worcestershire Sauce (optional - vegetarians can substitute soy sauce)

Method

• Put the tomato juice in a saucepan and sprinkle over the Agar Agar. Heat gently until agar dissolves (do not stir)
  • Simmer for ten minutes stirring occasionally.
  • Allow to cool and stir in vodka, dash of Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce (if using)
  • Line a small teacup or similar with cling film allowing a very generous overlap on all sides.
  • Pour the mix into the cling film in desired quantity. I think its best to make them quite small so that they just pop into the mouth.The one in the photo is a bit large!
  • Gather edges of cling film together and twist tightly until all air is removed and the liquid forms a sphere when held up.
  • Knot the cling film tightly to retain the shape,
  • Hang 'tomato' in the fridge until set. I did this laying a small knife across the top of a beaker and tying the tail of the cling film to the knife - so that the 'tomato' was suspended in the beaker. There may be other methods!
  • When set, carefully unwrap the cling film and place a real tomato stalk on top of the 'tomato'.

/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Naked Marmande?
I Googled that as is and you don't want to know what popped up....
I said 'inspired by'. This isn't a smoothie. You know I hate smoothies!
Well since I got my new blender I have had smoothies everyday. I drop in all kinds of things but never tomatoes many of which I have on hand.
So what is it? I am afraid to hazard a guess.

Its not quite as big as it might look in the picture. Not that this will help much :laugh: - but its intended as an appetiser. A sort of alcoholic appetiser. In fact, I think I should have made them a bit smaller.
Photo on 10-06-2016 at 14.19 #2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom