What's Your Favorite Cheddar?

Me too - cheese is probably the main reason I could never be vegan. Last year on our wedding anniversary we treated ourselves to a selection of cheese from the cheese room at our local farm shop - they have about 100 different cheeses (only 5 of which are cheddars though!). I left hubby in charge of ordering so we ended up with 2 kilos of cheese :happy:

Below is a picture of the cheese room...it only shows a fraction of the space though. The general public aren't allowed inside any more - we have to look through the window and talk to the staff via a hatch in the wall. Luckily they also have a catalogue you can download from their website, or they are happy to advise you. My current favourite cheese is Lyburn Garlic & Nettle (though I'd like to try some of Lyburn's other cheeses too).

730247314.jpg

(not my photo!)

Last edited:
Me too - cheese is probably the main reason I could never be vegan. Last year on our wedding anniversary we treated ourselves to a selection of cheese from the cheese room at our local farm shop - they have about 100 different cheeses (only 5 of which are cheddars though!). I left hubby in charge of ordering so we ended up with 2 kilos of cheese :happy:

Below is a picture of the cheese room...it only shows a fraction of the space though. The general public aren't allowed inside any more - we have to look through the window and talk to the staff via a hatch in the wall. Luckily they also have a catalogue you can download from their website, or they are happy to advise you. My current favourite cheese is Lyburn Garlic & Nettle (though I'd like to try some of Lyburn's other cheeses too).

View attachment 61141
Looks beautiful!

I like it sharp, as sharp as possible. But I found something that is a world beyond;

Jim's smoke cheddar. It is from south of here and only available once in a while.

I tried a bunch of different brands and they all suck.

T

We use either sharp or extra sharp.

As far as other cheeses, Papillon bleu from France or Maytag blue from the U.S. Parm R from Italy of course. Gruyere. There's only 1 or 2 cheeses we've ever tried we didn't like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom