Whats your oldest cookbook or cooking utensil?

I lost all of my cookbooks in the great divorce..just as well, I had over one hundred, many were old and took up a lot of room, which I have no place for in my current home...on the bright side, my kids have gone through them and taken whatever interested them...there were some oldies as I shopped at second hand stores a lot...

Here is a Le Cousances pan with lid..the Le Cousances complany was making this type of enamel over cast iron cookware before Le Crueset and were bought out by them in 1957..I'm guessing this pan is from around that time..they continued making them for a few years...I still use it often..it is built like a tank..

Last edited:
Here is a Wear Ever carving knife..it was from a set my mother recieved as a wedding gift in the late 50's..Many had broken or were lost..My sister took the rack and a coupld of knives that were still remaining..
View attachment 62629
I have an early '60's electric carving knife I use all the time:

Electric Knife

Here is a Le Cousances pan with lid..the Le Cousances complany was making this type of enamel over cast iron cookware before Le Crueset and were bought out by them in 1557..I'm guessing this pan is from around that time..they continued making them for a few years...I still use it often..it is built like a tank..
View attachment 62626

View attachment 62627
It does look very very solid.
May be used as weapon in emergencies👍🤓

Here is another old cast iron pan..I discovered from the stamp on the bottom that it was made in a town not too far from here..cast iron manufacturing has long been discontinued around these parts so I am guessing this is from the 50's..it is my favorite pan because it is thinner compared to most cast iron and also less pourous so it is very non-stick..As you can see, somebody replaced the handle years ago with 3/4 copper pipe which allows me to put it in the oven if I need to..the original ones were wooden, which doesn't make sense to me why somebody would use wood in the construction of a cooking vessel..

Back
Top Bottom