When You Want a Vegetarian or Vegan Meal, What Veggies Do You Find Most Satiating?

Although my household is not vegetarian nor vegan, I do make those types of dishes from time to time as I do like them to have more plant-based meals... I like dark greens and beans myself... in a nice garlic-y broth-y based sauce if you will and some gorgeous bread to sop it all up with.
Chopped Broccoli-Rabe, some Sweet White Onions, canned (in a pinch of course :wink:) Great Northern Beans aka Cannellini Beans, a small grate of fresh Nutmeg, loads of Garlic, some Veggie Broth, S&P, a good drizzle of Olive Oil to finish the dish and maybe some grated Parm ...
Just my 2¢
Hmmm, well!
I looked up Cannellini Beans and I find that they are very vegetarian friendly-high fiber & protein, BUT Parmesan is not- did not know this-so maybe leave that off their plate then 👩‍🍳

As far as feeling full after a meal, beans probably do the best job. I regularly eat rice and beans as a meal. I generally sauté some onions in a cast iron DO, add my beans, some herbs and spices, and simmer for a while. Serve in a bowl with rice. It is very filling. You may want to take some Beano right before you eat, or plan on sleeping alone.

CD

I do vegetarian samosas which are my kids faves, they prefer over beef samosas.

My normal samosas (albeit look like spring rolls) are also vegetarian. Inter alia potatoes, onions and garden peas.

As a vegetable main course, egg and potato dum is probably my favourite.

And I could make a whole meal out of cauliflower cheese with a stuffed jacket potato or a few chips.

Back
Top Bottom