Where do you go to buy your liquor, wine & beer from?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
7:32 AM
Everyone would like an alcoholic drink now & then. Where do you buy your booze, wine & beer from when you plan a get-together, party or a dinner? I would expect that you'd go to a discount store when you do. After all, who wants to pay ridiculous prices for it?!! I go to Blanchard's in West Roxbury. Even the one in my area won't even sell things like Southern Comfort & other stuff!! I think that is so wrong & unfair!! Why is that? :whistling:
Blanchard's..png

Last edited:
I go to Total Wine, Beer and Spirits. Their stores are huge, and the prices are best around. They Las have experts in every category that wander their sections and offer advice.

Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 11.38.00 PM.png

Enormous section of Craft beers, local brews and other parts of the world. Those cartons hanging up are for customers to build their own craft beer six-packs.

Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 11.43.22 PM.png

CD

For me it is the supermarket. It has the largest booze department and selection within 100 miles. Maybe that says something about Indiana.

Supermarkets over here often have a far better, and cheaper selection of booze than the off-licences, so I'd say I mostly buy in supermarkets. There are some really classy off-licences in Caracas, however: "Liquores Mundiales", "Mega-Liquor" and "Ce-Liquor" where you'll be able to find those extra special bottles or rum, single malt or wine.

I go a variety of places, from ALDI for economically-priced wines, to Dorothy Lane Markets for a highly-specialized range of wines and beers, a couple of liquor stores for other things (Arrow Spirits and Centerville Wine & Spirits, mainly), and the international market, because they also have a massive alcohol section, and loads of things on special.

If none of that works, I go to Party Source, just over the river in Kentucky. They bill themselves as the largest keg store in the US, I think they claim they’re the largest employee-owned alcohol store in the US, but I can’t remember. I just know it’s big, and if I can’t find it there, then it’s something I’m not going to find anywhere else around here, and I actually trust their advice, as their wine staff are all properly trained and spend a lot of time going around the world, tasting this and buying that.

For me it is the supermarket. It has the largest booze department and selection within 100 miles. Maybe that says something about Indiana.

Not legal in Texas. Only beer and wine in grocery stores, and not in all places. Some cities/counties don't allow any retail alcohol sales. Spirits can only be sold in dedicated liquor stores, between 10AM and 9PM, and NEVER on Sundays. You can buy beer and wine after 12Noon on Sundays.

In my city, only beer and wind can be sold retail. No liquor stores! Liquor by the drink at restaurants, and they must

Not legal in Texas. Only beer and wine in grocery stores, and not in all places. Some cities/counties don't allow any retail alcohol sales. Spirits can only be sold in dedicated liquor stores, between 10AM and 9PM, and NEVER on Sundays. You can buy beer and wine after 12Noon on Sundays.

In my city, only beer and wind can be sold retail. No liquor stores! Liquor by the drink at restaurants, and they must
We have a blue law against alcohol sales on Sunday but you would be impressed with the liquor selection in our supermarket. They have almost anything you can name - except for Bass Ale which is one of my favorite beers. It looks something like the liquor store picture you posted except it isn't as roomy.

We have a blue law against alcohol sales on Sunday but you would be impressed with the liquor selection in our supermarket. They have almost anything you can name - except for Bass Ale which is one of my favorite beers. It looks something like the liquor store picture you posted except it isn't as roomy.

We used to have that here for alcohol on Sundays, but it ended in the early '90's. After working the night shift at Logan Airport, I used to drive to New Hampshire to get booze & beer. :whistling:

In Boston, only Target sells booze, beer & wine, & they card you if you want to buy it there. You must show either your Mass ID, liquor ID, your driver's license or your passport, if you have one. Of course, you can still

In Boston, only Target sells booze, beer & wine, & they card you if you want to buy it there. You must show either your Mass ID, liquor ID, your driver's license or your passport, if you have one. Of course, you can still

Back
Top Bottom