Where is your washer and dryer?

fblkDBg.jpg
In the garage.

Here's a picture of the outside of the house, so you can see it's nothing special:

Oddly enough it looks very special by UK standards - if it was transported into the UK a detached house like that could be worth up to £750K depending on location. Anything detached with a bit of land around it is worth money in the UK.

Sounds about right for that posh Frensham! I used to work in Farnham for many years. I couldn't afford to live there so ended up in Aldershot its only a few miles down the road and a good few hundred thousand cheaper for an average house.
Posh Frencham ! it was before we moved in. I was working in London but at weekends I lived in the Granny Flat. The first ruck I had was with the local hunt. The house came with 3 acres of woods, it could not be sold or developed. My big brother had three kids so we wanted it to be a safe environment for them and the wild animals (foxes, badgers etc ) so we replaced all of the fencing surrounding it. We heard a commotion whilst we were cleaning the carp pond. The hounds were chasing a dog fox back to his den. He skipped over the fence but the hounds and two huntsmen knocked it down. They were just starting to dig it out when we got there. My big brother was capable of extreme acts of violence. They reported us, the police arrived 2 hours later. We knew this was going to happen so my brothers lawyer arrived before them from Guildford. We sued them for trespass and damage. They settled out of court. The only people who liked us there were those of Gypsy descent. Their local "king" visited because historically his people collected bun moss in the wood, they sold it in Covent Garden for wreaths. He was a very personable man so a deal was done. I also did a deal that allowed him to ferret rabbits to keep the population in check. They would give us a few dressed rabbits. The nearest house to us by the road was busted for a large amount of coke.

Here's a picture of the outside of the house, so you can see it's nothing special:

Looks special to me: spacious and pretty.

P.S. Like caseydog pointed out), the big tree could benefit if some of the upright trunk sprouts were pruned. They'd be less prone to break in the winter or rupture during storms - but I hardly prune my own trees so look who's talking...

I only have a washing machine. It's in the laundry room.

My dryer is well a washing line outside in the back garden just slightly too far under a tree that is currently dropping flowers all over the washing. In winter i need to have the washing on the line before 8am if it is to be dry by late afternoon. In summer, some will be dry by the time I've finished pegging out all of the washing.

I refuse to have a tumble dryer because here they are simply not required and I won't use one for environmental reasons.

When my ex bailed out of the marriage I bought a home and the Maytag Neptune Washer and Dryer set.
They were brutally expensive. I really thought it over for a good spell. It hurt the budget buying them but they were HUGE and washed and dried the cloths so well they talked to you.

Then about a year after purchase they started acting up. Warranty fixed them,, but soon after more problems happened.

I was semi-active in an appliance forum formatted very much like Cooking Bites.
I lent my knowledge and others lent theirs. $5 a year membership, appreciative forum owner that was sharp on home machinery, sold parts and actively helped everyone.

"Junk the washer and dryer and get a new set" was everyone's take. Then they listed the 7 additional problems that are about to beset my laundry machines. The repairs are expensive and worthless, the problems will soon return. Maytag went bankrupt that same year.

So I walked into Lowes and asked the appliance sales girl "what washer and dryer [she'd] want and what has the fewest headaches."
"The Ball bearing drive LG's"
she said. I picked out candy apple red because I'll take style and color over function any day and 14 years later they run two loads a day and have been flawless.

When delivered, the delivery truck had several dead sets of the Maytag Neptune's they were hauling off to the dump from other deliveries.

Last edited:
My wife is issued scrubs for her work but no laundry service. Being retired that, among other home duty's is my job.

The climate is so dry here simply hanging our cloths on a rack above the washer dryer will find them dry in just a few hours. They last longer, look better longer and fit better over time doing that too. No question.

We have a natural gas dryers and occasionally I have to dry loads.

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom