Which food would you eat everyday if you had to?

Members laughed because I liked Spam. Well let me tell you it is a very versatile product. Spamonara, Spaminbocca Spam Wellington Spam au Vin Spamoulet Spamiche and Spam Musubi to mention a few

images (13).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Members laughed because I liked Spam. Well let me tell you it is a very versatile product. Spamonara, Spaminbocca Spam Wellington Spam au Vin Spamoulet Spamiche and Spam Musubi to mention a few

View attachment 43486

I do not laugh - I recently won a prize in the UK Spam competition with this Spicy Spamghetti with Spinach: see here #20. I really must remember to post the recipe here:

View attachment 43486
Okay, I am giggling. Not at you, with you :D Everyone has their own tastes, I am usually in the minority about things I won't eat but would never mock anyone for what they like. We ate grilled Spam and cheese sandwiches growing up. It's not my favorite thing in the world, but I will eat it.

When you say 'nearly all' is there seafood you don't like?

I am not crazy about flounder - usually ends up bland and dry. I don't like fake crab meat (kani in Japanese sushi bars). And I have NO intention of ever trying that Japanese puffer fish (right at the moment I'm spacing the name of it) with the toxic liver that just a little bit can kill you.

I also steer clear from endangered species, on general principle.

I know you weren't talking to me, but...Uni. I am not fond of sea urchin. Also don't much like raw mackerel sushi or salmon skin rolls.

If I had to stick to just one meal and never change it up, it would be my crab-meat stuffed grouper, which has crab-meat (obviously), red bell pepper, garlic, red onion, fresh basil, chopped spinach, bread crumbs, grated parmesan, butter, and olive oil. Then a fine slab of fresh grouper filet to butterfly and stuff, broiled with more lemon butter atop. That pretty much covers all my food groups so I would be able to survive on that as well as enjoy it. I would like the option to turn the leftovers each morning into an omelet, so if some eggs were allowed I would be quite happy.

I could happily join you with that last menu meal you mention. Although TBH I do love sea urchin, and raw mackerel. Salmon skin rolls are okay - but I will note I will usually eat the salmon skin when I pan fry salmon filets.

I haven't had Spam in ages (other than what ends up in my e-mail in box). If I happen to stumble over it while shopping, I may buy a tin to see what I think of it, now.

(I can almost see a Monty Python skit coming on...

"Spamonara, Spaminbocca Spam Wellington Spam au Vin Spamoulet Spamiche and Spam Musubi ...")

Should we have a Spam thread ... a no-spam but a Spam thread?

Spam hater here I am afraid. Youth trauma. I was in Germany with my parents and didn't know what it was, so I got a slice as big as a wagon wheel thinking I had ordered ham. They forced me to finish it. Never again :p:
When I first went to Germany, I saw leberkase on the menu of the first restaurant we stopped into:

"Ummm...was ist leberkase?"
"Is like SPAM, only made here."
"👍🏻!"

I love leberkase, but it's liver sausage, not spam.
it's got the same slimy, mushy texture, with the added disgusting flavor of liver? UGH!

My mother used to say, "'To each their own,' as the old maid said when she kissed the cow."

Though I hate the flavor of liver overall, I will eat boudin sausage, which most often does have a liver component.

Back
Top Bottom