Which sauce with fries?

When my wife came home with an air fryer my thought was, something else to wipe dust off of. Used it several times. Won’t make fries any other way. Made some chicken tenders to. Got a lot to try in it.
I make bagels in mine regularly, at least once a week. Love fries in the air fryer. I no longer waste a bunch of oil and stink up my house. Salmon is great in the air fryer, always moist on the inside and a nice crust on top. Panko and parmesan crusted chicken thighs that I used to bake turn out great in the air fryer. Takes about half the time and they come out crispy and perfectly cooked.

I'm a traditionalist on this. As a kid, I loved ketchup so much that my family would tease me and ask "Do you want some fries with your ketchup?" I easily used a half cup of it for my fries. I've tamed it a bit. I still like ketchup and have used BBQ sauce, ketchup & mayo and a sprinkle of salt and vinegar.

A Greek take-out place opened near my mother's job when we were teenagers. They served fresh off the spit gyros with fries. The gyros were amazing, and, to date, those are still the best fries on the planet (IMO ;-). They didn't need any condiment at all. Yum!

I love my fries plain with salt. I will use ketchup on occasion if I don't like the fries. Sometimes I will dip them in whatever condiment is dripping off my burger or sandwich.

ETA: I pretty much already said this in earlier post but forgot I posted it. I am getting pretty scatter brained lately.

I love my fries plain with salt. I will use ketchup on occasion if I don't like the fries. Sometimes I will dip them in whatever condiment is dripping off my burger or sandwich.

ETA: I pretty much already said this in earlier post but forgot I posted it. I am getting pretty scatter brained lately.

This is funny. A late friend told me that her husband NEVER complained about anything she prepared. He would ask for ketchup which was her way of knowing that he didn't like something she made. My ex NEVER complained about anything I made either. He would just hide the unwanted item under other food on his plate. ;-0

This is funny. A late friend told me that her husband NEVER complained about anything she prepared. He would ask for ketchup which was her way of knowing that he didn't like something she made. My ex NEVER complained about anything I made either. He would just hide the unwanted item under other food on his plate. ;-0
My husband just scrapes it off the plate into the trash. But that doesn't happen too often...oh but he sometimes takes more food than he can eat and scrapes it in the trash, which is irritating when I had offered to fix his plate for him (and I know his portion amounts better than he does most of the time). I never understood why people load up their plates with more food than they can eat when they can always go back for seconds if they are still hungry?

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
My husband just scrapes it off the plate into the trash. But that doesn't happen too often...oh but he sometimes takes more food than he can eat and scrapes it in the trash, which is irritating when I had offered to fix his plate for him (and I know his portion amounts better than he does most of the time). I never understood why people load up their plates with more food than they can eat when they can always go back for seconds if they are still hungry?

I guess it comes with the hubby. LOL However, my ex could pack it away (and has the nerve NOT to gain weight on top of it ;-).

On the reverse side, my bf in college was so annoying doing the opposite. He would pour about 1/8th cup of milk into a glass, drink it and add more more, etc. I understand not taking too much, but really?!?!? In fairness, he was annoying in other ways so it might not have been just the milk thing. Ha Ha.

We could start another thread about "what your significant other does with food and drink that annoys you" and get a lot of responses, I would imagine.

I like to try to eat dinner around dark. In the summer that is quite late, sometimes 10 o'clock. As the days grow shorter, I try to eat a few minutes earlier each night. During the week we watch the stock channel programmes and hubby stuffs himself with Cheetos for his TV snack (he is not a big guy), so he usually isn't hungry when it's dinner time. I will start asking him around 8:30 what time he wants to eat, and often by dark he is still not hungry yet, so I get annoyed. He tells me to eat without him and I won't do that. The TV programme times do not change with the changing daylight hours, unfortunately.

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom