Which sauce with fries?

TodayInTheKitchen

Blitzinator
Local time
7:09 PM
Website
todayinthekitchen.com
The little pub up the road does "loaded fries," and it's a plate of fries, chili, cheese, onions, peppers, sour cream, and bacon, and by the time they're done, it must weigh four pounds.

You have those, you know your ass isn't getting off the couch for the rest of the night!
S**t TastyReuben , my ass rarely gets off the couch anyways. (just kidding) :roflmao:

SatNavSaysStraightOn

A Reforming Perfectionist
Staff member
Local time
11:09 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
As I see a few of you post that you like your chips plain too, what is it you like about plain chips/fries?

I personally really need some sauce to enjoy my fries, I would only eat crisps/potato chips without sauce if they are spiced in some way like prawn cocktail flavor.
I can't stand the taste of salt. I'll leave the chips if they came with salt, and complain if they came with salt when we have asked for none.
The hating salt thing came from not being able to use toothpaste as a child. some bright dentist/ doctor told my mother I should use salt instead! ( I have a medical condition affecting my tongue that controls what I can eat & drink.)

rascal

Veteran
Local time
1:09 PM
I believe mc ds are regional, like you guys can't get a kiwi burger like I can, with egg and Beetroot, it's my go to burger. The frying is quite enlightening to me.

My son just recently told me he has his chips now with chilly sauce mixed with bests Mayo. I havnt tried that way yet. And prolly won't.

Russ

Yorky

Uncomfortably numb
Local time
7:09 AM
Website
freebeerforyorky.com
The little pub up the road does "loaded fries," and it's a plate of fries, chili, cheese, onions, peppers, sour cream, and bacon, and by the time they're done, it must weigh four pounds.

You have those, you know your ass isn't getting off the couch for the rest of the night!
I would hope that it's commode style.

220px-Commode,_Europe,_1831-1900_Wellcome_L0057869[1].jpg

Elawin

Veteran
Local time
12:09 AM
Good old-fashioned brown sauce only. I haven't had mayo with chips since November 2005 when I suddenly developed an allergy to mayo. If anyone wants tomato ketchup with their chips, they bring their own! And I'm not joking; I can't stand the stuff in spite of being a tomato-aholic.

Windigo

Local time
1:09 AM
Good old-fashioned brown sauce only. I haven't had mayo with chips since November 2005 when I suddenly developed an allergy to mayo. If anyone wants tomato ketchup with their chips, they bring their own! And I'm not joking; I can't stand the stuff in spite of being a tomato-aholic.
It makes you ill or you just have a strong dislike?

Windigo

Local time
1:09 AM
I believe mc ds are regional, like you guys can't get a kiwi burger like I can, with egg and Beetroot, it's my go to burger. The frying is quite enlightening to me.

My son just recently told me he has his chips now with chilly sauce mixed with bests Mayo. I havnt tried that way yet. And prolly won't.

Russ
Chilli mayo is pretty good tbh

rascal

Veteran
Local time
1:09 PM
A strong dislike bordering on absolute hatred. I don't particularly like any commercially made tomato-based sauces and make my own but I've never made tomato ketchup - perhaps I should give it a go.
I make between 20 to 40 litres of home made sauce, my family love it, but I prefer watties tomato sauce, store bought, it's the only one I like. My family say my home made is by far the best. I still like watties.

Russ

Top Bottom