Which sauce with fries?

The little pub up the road does "loaded fries," and it's a plate of fries, chili, cheese, onions, peppers, sour cream, and bacon, and by the time they're done, it must weigh four pounds.

You have those, you know your ass isn't getting off the couch for the rest of the night!

S**t TastyReuben , my ass rarely gets off the couch anyways. (just kidding) :roflmao:

As I see a few of you post that you like your chips plain too, what is it you like about plain chips/fries?

I personally really need some sauce to enjoy my fries, I would only eat crisps/potato chips without sauce if they are spiced in some way like prawn cocktail flavor.

I can't stand the taste of salt. I'll leave the chips if they came with salt, and complain if they came with salt when we have asked for none.
The hating salt thing came from not being able to use toothpaste as a child. some bright dentist/ doctor told my mother I should use salt instead! ( I have a medical condition affecting my tongue that controls what I can eat & drink.)

I believe mc ds are regional, like you guys can't get a kiwi burger like I can, with egg and Beetroot, it's my go to burger. The frying is quite enlightening to me.

My son just recently told me he has his chips now with chilly sauce mixed with bests Mayo. I havnt tried that way yet. And prolly won't.

Russ

The little pub up the road does "loaded fries," and it's a plate of fries, chili, cheese, onions, peppers, sour cream, and bacon, and by the time they're done, it must weigh four pounds.

You have those, you know your ass isn't getting off the couch for the rest of the night!

I would hope that it's commode style.

220px-Commode,_Europe,_1831-1900_Wellcome_L0057869[1].jpg

Good old-fashioned brown sauce only. I haven't had mayo with chips since November 2005 when I suddenly developed an allergy to mayo. If anyone wants tomato ketchup with their chips, they bring their own! And I'm not joking; I can't stand the stuff in spite of being a tomato-aholic.

Good old-fashioned brown sauce only. I haven't had mayo with chips since November 2005 when I suddenly developed an allergy to mayo. If anyone wants tomato ketchup with their chips, they bring their own! And I'm not joking; I can't stand the stuff in spite of being a tomato-aholic.

It makes you ill or you just have a strong dislike?

I believe mc ds are regional, like you guys can't get a kiwi burger like I can, with egg and Beetroot, it's my go to burger. The frying is quite enlightening to me.

My son just recently told me he has his chips now with chilly sauce mixed with bests Mayo. I havnt tried that way yet. And prolly won't.

Russ

Chilli mayo is pretty good tbh

A strong dislike bordering on absolute hatred. I don't particularly like any commercially made tomato-based sauces and make my own but I've never made tomato ketchup - perhaps I should give it a go.

I make between 20 to 40 litres of home made sauce, my family love it, but I prefer watties tomato sauce, store bought, it's the only one I like. My family say my home made is by far the best. I still like watties.

Russ

The fries in the MacDonald's UK are not the same as in the US and Canada - which have additional additives (including I read somewhere, beef extract). Not sure about Netherlands but I suspect they are the same as UK.

From what I heard, the beef extract was removed from the cooking of McDonald's French Fries in the US back either in the late 90s or the early 2000s, for the vegetarians who didn't want to eat that. Some people complained they "didn't taste the same". Since I never even liked them back in the beef tallow days (too skinny not to be over or under cooked no matter what) I haven't bothered to try them again, decades of life in between!

I'll remain steadfast that the only thing needed or wanted on my fries are salt, and perhaps (in context) malt vinegar. Oh, and they will be steak-sized fries, as in thick fries. I never make these things at home.

rom what I heard, the beef extract was removed from the cooking of McDonald's French Fries in the US back either in the late 90s or the early 2000s, for the vegetarians who didn't want to eat that.

This is from McDonald's website USA (my bold):

Small World Famous Fries®: Calories and Nutrition | McDonald’s

French Fries
Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [wheat And Milk Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (maintain Color), Salt. *natural Beef Flavor Contains Hydrolyzed Wheat And Hydrolyzed Milk As Starting Ingredients.

Contains: Wheat, Milk.
Cooked In The Same Fryer That We Use For Donut Sticks Which Contain A Wheat And Milk Allergen.

See also: Are McDonald's French Fries Vegetarian or vegan?

I make chips rarely because I do not like it. I made for my children when young and they dipped in to home made tomato sauce. I only have sea salt I hate processed salt it tastes to me acidic.

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom