Recipe White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding

ThatDude

Quo Fata Ferunt
Local time
5:47 AM
Website
jonobrands.com
A fave of mine, and use to be one of my best selling desserts. Super easy, and makes great french toast too.

_DSC7117.jpg

•2 loaves of Challah

•18 eggs (12 whole + 6 yolks)

•1QT heavy cream +/- a pint

•1C Brown Sugar

•1/2 C White Sugar

•1QT/4.25 Cups fresh blueberries...you CAN use frozen.

•1lb bag of White Choc chips

•2T Vanilla extract

•1T Cinnamon

•Zest of 3-4 Lemons, depending on size

Put cream on stove to bring to simmer.

In a large bowl, crack your eggs. Add sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and zest while waiting for cream to come up to a simmer.

Cube bread.

Temper your eggs and cream.

Let the bread soak up the custard mix and fold in berries and chips.

I did these in loaf pans, they will be a little wet looking, and that's ok, the custard will set.

Bake COVERED for 40 min @350f then take out and remove foil. They will have risen.

Back in the oven to brown the tops and set everything for final rest.

Removed from pan, rested and ready to slice.

And done
_DSC7155.jpg

Last edited:
A very attractive presentation there. That is a lot of eggs! I'm not sure how big the Challah loaves you used were, but I'm thinking this makes quite a large quantity. Could you give an idea of how many portions? Or how many and what size 'loaf pan' puddings?

Reactions: mjd
A very attractive presentation there. That is a lot of eggs! I'm not sure how big the Challah loaves you used were, but I'm thinking this makes quite a large quantity. Could you give an idea of how many portions? Or how many and what size 'loaf pan' puddings?

This makes 4 loaves for me (10.75 x 5 x 2.5 inches), I have a distribution list of folks that wait for this around the holidays. the Challah is standard loaf size, but you can also use any old bread you have. I just like the eggyness of the challah

Before going in:
1.jpg

First bake, covered. Note the lift.
2.jpg

2nd bake uncovered, unmolded and inverted to cool...you can just let them cool in the pan.
3.jpg

It sounds rather a nice recipe, but without knowing the size/weight of the challah loaves it'd be quite difficult to get the balance right. Could you tell us what size loaves you used.

Also, I'm assuming "C" is cups, but does "T" mean teaspoon or tablespoon?

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom