4 large eggs, room temperature

Icing
4 oz butter, good quality, at room temperature
4 cups (about a pound) confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
1/4 cup (2 oz) good quality vodka, this too, will make a difference
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
a little milk to make a smoother consistency, if too stiff

Method
  • Prepare cupcake tins with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350º F (175º C)
  • Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
  • In a large bowl (preferably in a stand mixer), cream the butter and sugar, slowly for 2 minutes.Increase to high and beat for another 8 minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add the 2 of the eggs, one at a time, clearing after each addition, then add half of the flour mixture, scraping the sides with a spatula if needed.
  • Add half of the buttermilk and mix well, then add another egg. Continue to mix; then add the remaining milk, egg, vanilla, vodka, Kahlua and flour.
  • Mix on high for 2 minutes, scraping sides with a spatula at least once.
  • Fill the cupcake liners half full with the batter and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when placed in the center of a cupcake. Place on cooling rack and allow to cool completely.

Meanwhile, make the icing, by beating all the ingredients until smooth. When the cupcakes are cool, cut the tops off if they are too tall. (Optional: sprinkle a little Kahlua over each cupcake for an added kick!) You can pipe the icing on the cupcakes or just spread it on.

http://christinascucina.com/2014/08/white-russian-cupcakes-with-vodka-buttercream-icing.html

Those sound really yummy. I would try those in a heartbeat. They might be a bit time consuming to make but I think the results would be worthwhile. I made a rum cake last year in the crockpot, but it ended up getting a bit scorched.

I get interested in anything Russian. Maybe not but the word Russian gets my attention. Quite a nice looking cupcake there I would say. While the icing for many is the icing on the cake I am just not a big fan of icing.

Back
Top Bottom