Who has a simple, easy hamburger bun recipe?

Now to see if I can find a simple and easy brioche bun recipe...from what I see online so far, bet that's going to be a lot harder to do.

Now to see if I can find a simple and easy brioche bun recipe...from what I see online so far, bet that's going to be a lot harder to do.
I have a no-knead brioche loaf recipe...I'm sure you could use that for buns.

ETA: looking at the recipe, it's ATK, so it's fairly fussy.

Ok it was pretty fabulous!

Thank you for trying it out! It's a keeper, then?

That burger looks fantastic, BTW. 😋
Yes, its a keeper. The burger was amazing. It was ground filet mignon, bacon, cheddar, mayo, mustard, ketchup, pickles, lettuce, red onion, and tomato. That's why the bun needed some heft. It's not much different from Burt's video bun other than it's not flat. I like my deli sandwiches with less bread, I'm going to do those next. I'm thinking those flatbread buns would be good for melts, too.

Here, I'll just post a link:

40-Minute Hamburger Buns

2 tablespoons of active dry yeast for 3 and a half cups of flour. That is a LOT of yeast. Normal amount would be about 2 tsp for that amount of flour. Maybe that amount of yeast is needed because of the short rising time. I would like to try this recipe. Unfortunately it calls for active dry yeast but I only have instant yeast (which is not the same) and I'd have to use a whopping 4 sachets of it. I suppose it might work with instant yeast but I don't want to risk it given the amount of yeast I might waste!

Instant yeast is easier to find here than active dry. I'll try and order some active in my next shop.

Back
Top Bottom