Who is Weathering the Big Storm?

Yeah, you live in the north, that's going to happen sooner or later. It's happened to me before.

When I was a little kid, I'd gone out to play around in the snow along the road (rural), and a snowplow came by and the thrown snow knocked me down.

I told my folks, and all my dad said was, "Now you know not to do that again, Egghead." :laugh:

Don't you realiae that you could've gotten killed?!! That happened to a child on the way to school a few winters ago.That is why it is much too dangerous to walk too close to streets in the winter after a snowstorm!! :eek:

T'was not fun but all is well now. High winds were scary.

We have a chance of snow/ice on Thursday morning. Of course, since it was 70F/21C today. The high temperature on on Wednesday is forecast to be 68F/20C, and on Thursday, it's 30F/-1C. More weather whiplash.

But, nothing like what the East coast went through over the weekend.

CD

I most certainly was ! I reside in an elderly/ ADA housing development, which means that all the cables & water pipes are underground, so, no trees on the streets to fall over & knock out power, cable TV or water!! All the apts are all-electric, no gas at all. Even the dryers are electric (I have my own compact washer & dryer). :whistling:
Great! That is good to hear!

There has been a report of another big storm, bringing with it icey ground, rain, sleet & snow!! Details are sketchy at this point, but I'll try to get more info if i can. According to what I was told, this winter was supposed to be kinder to us than the ones in the past! Guess it ended up not being true. The groundhog supposedly saw his shadow the other day. :ninja:

There has been a report of another big storm, bringing with it icey ground, rain, sleet & snow!! Details are sketchy at this point, but I'll try to get more info if i can. According to what I was told, this winter was supposed to be kinder to us than the ones in the past! Guess it ended up not being true. The groundhog supposedly saw his shadow the other day. :ninja:

That new storm is the one we got today. Tasty got hit with it today, too.

CD

We´ve still got ice particles pouring down from the sky; no snow yet. The ground is covered in about 1" of ice. Forecast says it will start snowing in about half an hour - all night:eek::eek:
Get used to it:

Back
Top Bottom