Who Still uses Shortening or Lard to Fry Chicken With?

I noticed that the Oscar Meyer streaky bacon that's available in Singapore has a much higher proportion of fat than the Danish streaky bacon we'd get in the UK (and here).
There should be a little flap at the back that you can lift and look at the bacon from that side as well. At least they used to.

I’ll be in a grocery store today, I’m sure, so I’ll check and report back. CB’ers need to know! 📰

I’ll be in a grocery store today, I’m sure, so I’ll check and report back. CB’ers need to know! 📰
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! This just in…newsflash…the backside-of-the-pack bacon flap is no more!

Our intrepid reporter on the scene reports that the flap has, at some point (probably years ago), been replaced by a see-through little window for viewing the fat-to-lean ratio of the bacon! Scandalous!

Oscar Meyer isn't that good in the U.S. either. Luckily our supermarket carries lean, thick cut bacon from smaller companies that is pricey but excellent.

Oscar Meyer isn't that good in the U.S. either. Luckily our supermarket carries lean, thick cut bacon from smaller companies that is pricey but excellent.
Wright bacon is quite good and I think it's sold nationally, not sure.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! This just in…newsflash…the backside-of-the-pack bacon flap is no more!

Our intrepid reporter on the scene reports that the flap has, at some point (probably years ago), been replaced by a see-through little window for viewing the fat-to-lean ratio of the bacon! Scandalous!

I don't think we ever had a back flap in the UK.

I don't think we ever had a back flap in the UK.
I believe the internet has a pic of everything:

IMG_5437.jpeg

Reddit

I can get Oscar Mayer and Plumrose in plastic packs. However, there's a local company called La Monserratina that makes their own smoked bacon, and the stuff is 5,000 times better than the industrialised stuff . It's way cheaper, too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom