Who would you invite to a dinner party?

I've met a few of mine, and it has been a good experience. Carroll Shelby, Mario Andretti, Sir Stirling Moss. Artists Bill Neale and Al Saterwhite became mentors of mine. Al and I still get together for lunch when I'm in LA.

CD
Hey...we have a little tiny connection there - Nazareth, PA (but for different reasons).

Historically, the four* most annoying instruments, in no order, are:

Banjo
Bagpipes
Bodhran
Accordian

I play three of those. 😬

*Spoons (and by extension, bones) are light-years more annoying than any of those, but since they're not even instruments, they don't make the list. :laugh:
What about flugelhorn?

Banjo
Bagpipes
Bodhran
Accordian

I play three of those. 😬

*Spoons (and by extension, bones) are light-years more annoying than any of those, but since they're not even instruments, they don't make the list. :laugh:

EDIT: I DID NOT READ TR'S POST RIGHT. DOH!!!! I THOUGHT HE WAS LISTING THE FOUR MOST INTERESTING INSTRUMENTS. MY BAD.

Drums
Percussion
Drums
Guitar (Fender Strat or Gibson Les Paul in particular.
Hammond organ (John Lord style)

What else... oh, did I mention drums

CD

Oh dear. I have a Les Paul. I agree about the Hammond organ, talk about cheesy!

Please read my edit. I REALLY misread TR's post. I love the things in my post.

CD
Okay well I still find a Hammond organ cheesy, LOL!

I do love drums. I was going to give you a hard time about that, as in "Would you prefer a horrible drum track using "fake" drums?!!!!! I also was wondering what planet you came from if you don't think that a Les Paul or Strat are two of the coolest guitars ever!

Banjo
Bagpipes
Bodhran
Accordian

I play three of those. 😬

I love banjo, my grandpa played the accordian, I think bagpipes are really cool, and I have no idea what a bodhran is.

I love banjo, my grandpa played the accordian, I think bagpipes are really cool, and I have no idea what a bodhran is.
Irish hand drum. It's one of those instruments people think they can play, but they can't. In the right hands, a thing of real beauty. Unfortunately, it's rarely in the right hands.

An easy way to remember the pronunciation - it rhymes with "moron," as in, "Who's that moron with the bodhran?" :laugh:

I love Hammond organs! You can tell, because I used italics, boldface, and underline. :)

I like Deep Purple just fine and am very familiar, it would have been so much better without that. Deep Purple is known as one of the grandfathers of metal. Do you notice that heavier rock music evolved OUT of that particular sound? LMAO. You are allowed to like it, I am allowed not to like it.

I like Deep Purple just fine and am very familiar, it would have been so much better without that. Deep Purple is known as one of the grandfathers of metal. Do you notice that heavier rock music evolved OUT of that particular sound? LMAO. You are allowed to like it, I am allowed not to like it.

Add drummer Ian Paice from Deep Purple) to my dinner guest list. Phenomenal drummer to this day -- at 71 years of age (in this video). Seventy-one. Yeah, he's on my guest list, for sure.

They still sell out concerts. New keyboard player, and Steve Morse took Ritchie Blackmore's place on guitar (a step up?).

Houston, September 2019. Tell me this song isn't immortal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoNxBw7Ol7w

CD

Don't even have to watch and listen to it to know it's iconic. Like I said, love the band, just not the keyboards (that particular keyboard style, anyway). I seriously think that rock music could have done just fine without it (and still continues to do so).

I'm tone deaf, I can whistle though. Famous people I've met and wouldn't mind sharing a meal with
Sir bob jones a pugilist who you either like or hate. I like.
Sir robert Muldoon. Ex prime minister of nz.
Rodney rude. Ozzy comedian. I shared some limericks on stage with him.
Fergie McCormack. Ex all black. My child hood hero.
I'd serve them all fillet steaks.

Russ

Trying to get us back on topic? LOL. Well we should, I guess, although I am not sure why going off topic is such a bad thing...

Back
Top Bottom