Working Wonders with Ordinary Ground Beef

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
8:04 PM
I have about 4 to 5 oz. of ground chuck in the fridge and am puzzling what to do with it, before it starts to brown and turn bad.

Normally, in sauces, I like to use cubed meats and that includes chili too. What to do, without doing something ordinary. I just did a pork/beef spicy meatball sandwich thing with both ground beef and ground lamb and hamburgers are too simple a response to this puzzlement.

What to do?

Ground beef stroganoff
Mexican rice
Italian meatballs with a panade and chopped fresh basil and/or oregano, plus some grated parm , and gently handled so they aren't dense and tough
Mini free form meatloaf, you can flavor cajun, italian, american, mexican as desired
Ground beefvegetable soup

Last edited:
For that amount of burger meat, I'd do a burger. Top it with some bacon and cheese.

CD

Ground beef stroganoff
Mexican rice
Italian meatballs with a panade and chopped fresh basil and/or oregano, plus some grated parm , and gently handled so they aren't dense and tough
Mini free form meatloaf, you can flavor cajun, italian, american, mexican as desired
Ground beefvegetable soup

I don't think he has enough ground beef for those. I thought about dirty rice, but he's need a lot more meat.

CD

I don't think he has enough ground beef for those. I thought about dirty rice, but he's need a lot more meat.

CD

I am aware of how much he has, note the mini reference in regard to meatloaf. He can always adapt recipes. I do it all the time because i dont want 6 servings of something. He asked for something besides hamburgers and i gave him options, unlike others.

We use ground pork for dirty rice. Never heard of using ground beef. And he could cut down a recipe. It's not difficult, just simple math.

I am award of how much he has, note the mini reference in regard to meatloaf. He can always adapt recipes. I do it all the time because i dont want 6 servings of something. He asked for something besides hamburgers and i gave him options, unlike others.

We use ground pork for dirty rice. Never heard of using ground beef.

Sorry. I'll go sit in a corner, now. :oops:

CD

I'm thinking of doing something like gyozas or pierogies.

How about a 7(ish) layer dip served with chips (if you reconsider using ground beef ) ?
Baking dish
Shredded cheese on bottom layer
Seasoned ground beef (cooked)
Layer of diced onion
Layer of black beans
Layer of diced tomatoes
Another layer of diced onions
Top with shredded cheese
Bake at 350 till cheese is melted /dish is warm
Serve with salsa/sour cream and or queso, chips

Put your ground beef in a pot, with a chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic, some grated ginger, couple of chiles if you like it hot, 1 tsp curry powder and 1 tsp garam masala, and 2 tbsps pink/red lentils. Barely cover with water, bring to a boil, then lower to minimum. Cook for about 20-30 minutes until all the water has evaporated. Turn off the heat, allow to cool a bit. Blend/process until you have a fine paste.
Now oil your hands and form the paste into little balls. Flatten the balls into tiny "burgers" and fry, in a little ghee/ butter until browned. Serve with yoghurt/mint chutney.
These are called "Sheek Kababs". You can freeze them for another occasion.

When the meat is still good, how about ground meat hedgehog, please google it if you don't know it.

Back
Top Bottom