Wrist Watches.

Nice pic CD. That A. Lange & Sohne is pretty nice and love the brand but that's in another league for me.

Zoomed in. Only $22,600.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 9.42.11 PM.jpg

CD

Watches, no. I used to wear one, but more as a fashion accessory than anything else. I do not wear a smartwatch and don't plan to any time soon.

Grandfather clock...I was just talking to my brother today about getting the one at my folks' house - it was my granddad's, so it truly is a grandfather's clock. They're downsizing, so some of the things willed out, they're distributing now.

Guess where I actually check for the time more often than not? Since the TV is usually on, I just double-tap the AppleTV remote and it pops the current time up on the little playbar thingy along the bottom of the screen.

We do have a nice cuckoo clock from Germany and an antique mantle clock from England, both of which work but are never wound. We do have a very good clock repair place about 30 minutes from the house.

My maternal grandfather bought a cuckoo clock for me when I was born. I still have it. I don't run it, because it has to be wound everyday -- and the sound is rather annoying. But, it hangs on the wall in my house.

That grandfather was a watchmaker. He worked on everything from watches to clock towers. I have his pocket watch, but it is a Franken-watch -- made from multiple pocket watches. It doesn't work, and it is not even close to being worth what it would cost to fix it. :laugh:

CD

3 great watches. Particularly the Seiko. Your Rolex reminds me of the explorer which is my favorite, nice and plain, can be worn up or down, great versatility and what can I say about Casio, hard to beat really.

Thanks - yes that Seiko is a mid 70s vintage that my dad gave me as he doesn't wear it anymore (he also has a Bellmatic from around then which I am awaiting to get passed along :). It is styled after the Universal Geneve Polerouter which was designed by Gerald Genta.

Love watches and i'm always wearing one. I wear them "ladies' style", with the dial on my inner wrist. I prefer the dial with all the numbers but that seems to be out of fashion today. The one I'm wearing now is beautiful, was inexpensive but it's already in need of repair it keeps getting delayed.
1628975164800.png

Love watches and i'm always wearing one. I wear them "ladies' style", with the dial on my inner wrist. I prefer the dial with all the numbers but that seems to be out of fashion today. The one I'm wearing now is beautiful, was inexpensive but it's already in need of repair it keeps getting delayed.
View attachment 69226
Relaxing just looking at it.

My grandparents mantle clock I inherited when mum passed didn't work, but a friend I know dabbled in clocks and took it apart and got it going. It was moved to the garage after the quakes (2010 and 11) I must bring it back inside, I love the sound of the chiming.
Wrist watches I was given by my grandfather nor from the war( ww2) but it may have been just after as he was a p.o.w so I can't see him keeping a watch. Anywho that's In my bedside cabinet.
My daily watch is a pulsar watch that I bought earlier this year as my one my kids got me for my 50th broke down. I paid $150? I think?

Russ

Here is a badly lit photo of my watches. I didn't want to take the time to light the shot properly. it will do.

From left to right: My maternal grandfather's pocket watch (does not work). Next, my My maternal great grandfather's pocket watch (works). Next, Swiss Army watch I got for Christmas back in college. Next, RADO dress watch I got for Christmas sometime in the 80s. Next, TAG Heuer I bought in the 90s. Last, my current daily watch, an AppleWatch.

_DSC2302.jpg

CD

Back
Top Bottom