Wrist Watches.

Love watches and i'm always wearing one. I wear them "ladies' style", with the dial on my inner wrist. I prefer the dial with all the numbers but that seems to be out of fashion today. The one I'm wearing now is beautiful, was inexpensive but it's already in need of repair it keeps getting delayed.
View attachment 69226

Ah. That is nice. Could it have inspired this new Datejust launched a few months back:

m126200-0020_PK13_001.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.jpg

No, never wear one. Or at least hardly ever. Sometimes when we go out maybe. I prefer the slim, rectangular flat ones.

I tend not to wear them as they get in the way when working. Live equipment, metal straps and watches plus bare skin don't go well together.
I suppose I could wear a plastic one but just not bothered really.
At work I'm surrounded by various items of equipment displaying a very accurate time so don't really need one there and when I'm slobbing around at home who cares what the time is.

I wore a wrist watch for many years - then one day I realized I was going all bonkers and hyper - checking the time and the stuff I needed to do and and and.... so I hung it up. got everything anyway, and a lot less stress.

I do have two Mickey Mouse watches - one from Orlando ca. 1996 - and one from ca. 1933.
the old one is not 'first issue' but the second batch. the Made in USA notation by the 8 is the clue, according to the experts....

I wore a wrist watch for many years - then one day I realized I was going all bonkers and hyper - checking the time and the stuff I needed to do and and and.... so I hung it up. got everything anyway, and a lot less stress.

I do have two Mickey Mouse watches - one from Orlando ca. 1996 - and one from ca. 1933.
the old one is not 'first issue' but the second batch. the Made in USA notation by the 8 is the clue, according to the experts....

View attachment 70958
Hang on to the 33 Ingersoll, it's a collectors item. Yeah it's the second run, but doesn't matter. The small 5 and 7 is another clue. It's probably worth 1 to 2 thousand dollars at this point depending on condition and if you have the original box that would be a real find. It may be worth to have a watchmaker refurbish ......basically taken apart and cleaned. Do not have the cases buffed, it's ok to polish but no buffing wheels. Great watch.

I did have it fixed - the winding stem was broken.... it's in running order... no box.
the expert commented the dial (paper) was in exceptional aka white condition, even tho the crystal had yellowed.... not surprising as it spend 50+ year in a jewelry box. the band with the Mickey charms is not original to the watch, but 'of the period'

I had a Mikey Mouse dress watch years ago. Black dial with Gold Mickey hands and hour marks. I don't know what happened to it -- I had forgotten I ever had it, until now.

CD

Back
Top Bottom