Recipe Yorkshire Pudding

You can always cheat and add a portion of self-raising flour if you find that they don't raise enough :wink: That's what my mother does with hers anyway!

I absolutely adore Yorkshire Pudding's and don't understand people who hate them. Definitely one of my favourite foods.

Has anyone tried the traditional Yorkshire Pudding's with strawberries and cream in? I once had a teacher in primary school who swore by it!
Was in a pub restaurant lately ,and they had Yorkshires with ice cream bananas and honey dredged in icing sugar ,had to try it ,not my cup of tea,but different

Actually I think in the old days the Yorkshire [like lots of other foods at the time] was a 'filler up' rather than a 'starter' or 'appetiser' the idea was to fill up the stomachs of the [usually] large families of the time with something cheap before the more expensive meat etc. Even so they are still just magic.

Great thread. I never make Yorkies with the 'fan' function on the oven, I think anything that needs to rise hates the fan. Also NEVER open the oven before they are done. They will collapse

A good yorkshire pudding is amazing. The place I used to work at got these in frozen and they had no taste at all to them. Granted we went through a lot but they arent all that hard to make and we shouldnt have to resort to that. I made my very own with this recipe yesterday after a last minute change to my menu. It went amazing and tasted just as delicious as it looked. Thanks!

When I was very young, my Sunday dinner would be yorkie pud (large one, made in a sandwich tin) with evaporated milk and syrup. Still do that occasionally. Otherwise I make batches of "normal sized" yorkie puds, have two with my roast dinner and stick the rest in the freezer. I always cook frozen ones for 4 minutes in the oven, then just leave them in the warm oven while I dish up dinner.

Yorkshires please :eek: A Yorkie is a small terrier - nice little dogs but they don't look very tasty
Chocolate bar!
Good rich and thick(but getting thinner over the years), and not for girls!

Great thread. I never make Yorkies with the 'fan' function on the oven, I think anything that needs to rise hates the fan. Also NEVER open the oven before they are done. They will collapse
Funny ,I always turn the fan up on the commercial oven,good and hot,for the oil ,batter egg rich and not to thick,I always turn them for the last 5 minutes to stop them falling

One of the best Yorkshire pudding recipes I have seen. Not fussy, not over the top with unnecessary ingredients and it will work. I love recipes that get the job done without trying to be too clever - thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom