Your Favorite Sandwich?

Those tomatoes look perfect, Yorky. :hungry: And I love a good sourdough. I don't think I could ever do the low carb thing and completely give up bread.

My breakfast yesterday morning, a tuna salad on white bread, baked crisps, and a honeybell orange.

0330170952d.jpg

This was my sandwich today: Virginia ham, green oak lettuce and tomatoes on sourdough (with English mustard of course).

There were six slices of ham in that sarnie. I needed all my articulated snake jaws to get my choppers around it!

Ham salad sarnie 3b s.jpg

Ham salad sarnie 3c s.jpg

Great post ..

My fave sándwiches are:

Shrimp salad
Egg salad
Tuna salad
Chicken salad with walnuts and dill
Grilled Cheese with Provolone and fresh tomato
A " Ruben " ( When I was in Manhattan for a Travel Tourism Convention we went to Katz´s Deli which is where When Harry Met Sally was filmed. It is an institution of approx. 135 years of age.
Canapés ( 1 slice of Baguette with toppings )
A Greek Gyro
A Tuscan Cannellini White Bean spread with sun dried tomatoes and Fresh Basil served on Rustic Italian Bread from a crusty loaf
Roasted Artichoke Spread

My fave breads are:

French Baguette
Swiss Black Bread
Rye
Genovese Focaccia
Spanish Chapata
Rustic Country Regional Italian Breads
Greek Pita
Rustic Whole Wheat
Spanish Horgaza

Off the top of think tank ..

Have a lovely day..

Last edited:
I had a bacon and tomato sandwich in Barcelona. Carry out. A Scottish girl taught me how to order it in Spanish. Unfortunately she did not teach me how to explain that the bacon had to be cooked.

I had a bacon and tomato sandwich in Barcelona. Carry out. A Scottish girl taught me how to order it in Spanish. Unfortunately she did not teach me how to explain that the bacon had to be cooked.

@Yorky

Firstly, bacon is not eaten raw in any country to my knowledge. It must be sautéed or fried and placed on Paper Towelling to absorb the grease ..

Un sandwich de beicon ( or bacón ) y tomaté .. Very simple !!

Secondly, thank you for posting all those lovely photographs.

Do like that shrimp salad !!

Have a lovely day.

@Yorky

El Bocadillo de La Tortilla Española ( Spanish Omelette), is very popular Bar Food and the Spanish Omelette is usually served on a plate with bread on the side ..

Lovely photo .. In all honesty, I prefer the French Omelette with Spicy Potatoes on the side, called Patatas Bravas. They are sliced into wedged cubes and served with either, or both: A Spicy Smoked Paprika Salsa and / or Ali Oli .. I am not a grand fan of Eggs with Potatoes together .. I like my potatoes on side and my Omelette the French traditional way ..

BORNTAPASBARBRAVASimg_2347.jpg

@Yorky,

The ingredients are a slightly different. The color of Salsa Brava is not red. It is a deep orange .. See Photo of the ones I had at 11am at a Tapas Bar, in Borne, the Soho zone of Barcelona ..

The Ingredients for the Spicy Sauce for Classic Spanish Spicy Potato Chunks called Patatas Brava:

Ingredients for Patatas Bravas are:
1 Kilo of potatoes cut into even size large chunks.
2 Tablespoons Spanish Evoo ( Extra virgin olive oil )
2 Tablespoons unbleached flour all purpose.
1 cup of beef stock broth.
2 Tablespoons of White wine vinegar or Sherry Vinegar or " Sherry " ( an aged White wine )
1 Small "guindilla" ( dried red hot chili pepper shaped like a tiny horn and wrinkled )
salt to taste
3 tablespoons tomato paste ( canned or home made )
a couple of pinches of Smoked Paprika called: Pimentón Dulce from Extremadura, Spain ..
a grind of freshly grinded black pepper

There is no tumeric in the historical tapa salsa ..

Have a lovely day..

Last edited:
@creative,

If I had more time to think about how many sándwiches I like, I would be here until tomorrow !

Thank you ..
Have a lovely day.

My favourite sandwiches are:

1. Cheddar cheese and mustard (already posted above)

2. Steak, mushrooms, onion, tomato, egg, and mustard, and anything else I can squeeze in between the slices of bread

3. As (2), but with bacon and brown sauce

4. As (2), but with sausages and brown sauce

5. Ricotta with salad

And, mustn't forget the chip sarnie with either vinegar or brown sauce.

Like @buckytom , I too can't come up with just one favorite, but my top 5 have to be:

1) Po'Boy, most any kind.
2) Muffaletta
3) BLT
4) Grilled Italian sausage w/ oinions, bell peppers and giardiniera
5) My deli tuna special

It's hard to pick just one. A few of my favorites:

Turkey breast, avocado, lettuce and tomato on whole wheat bread.

Brisket on rye with Mustard, Pickles on the side

French dip sandwich with french fries or potato salad on the side

Pan bagnat

Fried Clam strips on toasted buns with mayo

Po' Boys

Chopped liver on rye

Roast beef and havarti or Muenster

Grilled cheese and tomato

Philly cheese steak

Italian subs

Meatballs with marinara and provolone on a soft roll

I could go on and on.